Specialized Property Evaluation Control Services Limited (SPECS) delivers highly-specialized consulting services to private and public organizations. Our team conducts pre and post-loss structural and content appraisals, accelerates insurance claim processes, and administers construction cost-control. For over 20 years, our accuracy, industry-leading knowledge, ethical and impartial approach has been utilized on projects of all sizes and complexity.
SPECS is seeking an experienced individual to provide high-quality cost control and inspection services related to the property insurance field in our Winnipeg office.
- Perform the necessary work to provide replacement costs and actual cash value valuations on various residential and commercial properties.
- Perform site inspections, quantum surveying, measuring, specifications, quantifying, and pricing of various structures
- Produce specification bid documents, catastrophe valuations, and conflict resolution services.
- Co-ordinate communications between all stakeholders
- Cost control auditing for restoration and reconstruction projects
- Establish unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Review all final appraisal packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission and recommendation.
- Promote the use of SPECS services to existing and new customers in accordance with the company policy.
- Successfully participate and complete all internal and external training as set by SPECS.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Travel as required to fulfill above noted duties
- Minimum 3 years of Construction or Restoration with Commercial & Residential Properties required.
- A diploma in Construction, Architectural, Civil Engineering Technology, or Trade Certification would be an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient in Xactimate an asset
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn various electronic and manual estimating systems
- Must clear background check
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable vehicle for transportation on company business.
This is a challenging, rewarding position for the right individual. A diverse skill set is required to thrive in this position.
Salary, commission, benefits, and vacation are included in the standard compensation package.
If you would like to apply and compete for this position, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.