Welcome to Sears, one of Canada's most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada's largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Manage operational activities within the store to optimize payroll, control expenses and improve process efficiencies. Create a positive customer experience through effective execution of merchandising standards. Lead the Merchandise Flow and Merchandise Presentation Teams to ensure efficient support of internal and external customers. Make Sears a great place to work through an environment of positive associate engagement focused on creating great customer experiences while growing sales and profit.
Major Responsibilities (List in order of importance all duties and/or responsibilities that take up at least 5% of the job's time, in increments of 5% and indicate the approximate percentage determined. Additionally select one of the health and safety duties and delete the non-applicable option.)
- Create a store environment, including licensed departments, of positive team member engagement by actively promoting Sears Mission, Vision and Values, providing regular communication through team meetings, daily scrums and individual discussions. Support and develop leaders and team members to achieve their potential through performance management and succession planning that provides clear goals, coaching, training, positive recognition as well as timely, meaningful performance reviews. Participate in the recruitment and selection of new team members for designated areas. 20%
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the Merchandise Flow team, administration and Maintenance teams to ensure customer-centric store environment is consistently maintained. Ensure operational and customer service standards are executed in small ticket merchandise pick-up area (D200). Identify gaps and make recommendations for improvements wherever necessary. 20%
- Drive flawless execution of operational activities in the store through the development, implementation, and monitoring of operational processes. Lead the development, review, analysis, and continuous improvement of operational processes and practices to eliminate redundancies. 25%
- Create schedules for areas of responsibilities, utilizing the schedule builder tool to identify shifts required for all areas. Educate, provide guidance and follow up to ensure efficiencies are realized in all areas of responsibilities. Work with leaders to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and performance-based scheduling. 10%
- Work with leaders to promote a positive customer experience through effective execution of merchandising standards. Direct all activities related to MAP, replenishment and PCN execution. Ensure divisional inventories are conducted as per the corporate calendar. Identify discrepancies, issues, and develop and implement changes as required to ensure ongoing process improvements. 20%
- Manage the H&S function to ensure unit compliance. Communicate with the General Manager and leaders on identifying and providing solutions on hazard assessments. Ensure all team members work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and perform other duties as required. 5%
- Demonstrated business acumen and highly developed analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills; develops, implements, evaluates & adjusts plans to hit goals Proactive and persistently deals with issues; provides outstanding customer service
- Ability to identify key issues in complex situations; excellent creativity and reasoning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.