To assist Mammoet in the execution of engineered heavy transport, capable of setting up, operating, inspecting and performing basic maintenance on prime mover tractor units in accordance with Mammoet’s HSE, business and quality standards, policies and procedures
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Following typical Mammoet methods, assists in the building of trailers using basic hand tools to prepare for heavy hauling projects
- Ensures all components and the prime mover as a whole are in good working condition for the transport
- Troubleshoot any issues seen with the prime mover which do not conform to typical, approved Mammoet methods
- Is capable of reading and understanding hydraulic pneumatic air and electrical schematics
- Is capable of adjusting prime mover counter weights to ensure even distribution of weight across all axles, as per infrastructure regulations
- Reports to various work sites as directed by the dispatcher, project manager, and/or transport supervisor on time and ready to operate equipment or perform assigned duties
- Is able to perform basic rigging responsibilities
- Independently position equipment in required/desired spots, with and without loads
- Assists with jacking, pumping, carriage, winch and weighing work before, during and after movement
- Correctly assesses and gives attention to space, obstacles present, correct securing of loads
- Follows all HSE standards, including never disabling any safety devices
- Has basic knowledge of engineering drawings/sketches and is able to ensure that loads, loading methods, load securing and load transport comply with plan
- Is capable of performing and checking rigging and lashing done on the hydraulic trailers and the load to ensure that the move can be performed safely
- Ensures that all Mammoet, customer, provincial and federal safety requirements are met
- Completes all required paperwork and submits them to the supervisor in a timely fashion
- Conduct all business in a professional, respectful manner
- Must NOT have any site bans within the Fort McMurray Region.
- Valid class 1 Driver’s License
- 3-5 years class 1 driving experience
- Experience with multiple axle trailers (wheelers), and Hydraulic Platform considered to be an asset.
- Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Physically fit
- Safety orientated
- Able to perform duties at all hours of the day
About our Company
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
- Factory-to-foundation projects
- Plant turnaround logistics
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
About our region
This will be an hourly position operating out of our Fort McKay Branch and will require travel as needed. Rotation and camp can be negotiated with non-locals. This is a temporary 3 month position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Salary will be commensurate as per Teamsters agreement and experience. We offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.