Mammoet is seeking a knowledgeable and driven individual to join our Human Capital team in Edmonton. Under the direction of both the Supervisor and the Director, Human Capital, this position will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day functions surrounding employee and labour relations, talent management and retention programs throughout the organization while providing support to all areas of the Human Capital discipline.
- Assist in ensuring organizational compliance with applicable legislation (Employment Standards, Human Rights, Privacy, Occupational Health & Safety).
- Participate on investigations into harassment complaints, interview all parties, and prepare a report on findings and recommend course of action.
- Consult with worksite on issues, research options, liaison with involved parties, prepare recommendations and draft correspondence.
- Assist with the development, deployment, and maintenance of Human Capital/Corporate programs, initiatives and training.
- Assist with the development/maintenance of human capital metrics.
- Assist with driving the deployment of the annual employee review process
- Participate in special projects and task groups, as required.
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying Human Capital tools to improve organizational performance through enhanced employee engagement and manager effectiveness while ensuring legal compliance.
- Support HR administration, including but not limited to, maintaining job descriptions, SAP Position management, processing paperwork and data entry related to Mammoet programs and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Human Resources, business or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years HR Generalist experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Construction/Transportation Industry experience (considered an asset)
- Experience in a union environment (considered an asset)
- Be willing to travel to Fort McMurray for three days per 6 weeks
- CPHR Certification (or working towards certification)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations using sound, independent judgment.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated
- Service Orientated
- Ability to react effectively under pressure and stress
- Able to work independently, in a team, and be able to direct a team as well
About our Company
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions.
We provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
- Factory-to-foundation projects
- Plant turnaround logistics
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
About our region
This is a full-time permanent position operating out of our Edmonton Head Office. Periodic travel and site work will be required.
Salary will be commensurate based upon education and experience. Mammoet offers competitive wages, health benefits and RRSP contributions. In addition to this, we offer an engaging environment in which a variety of career development and growth opportunities exist to our employees both locally and internationally. Mammoet is an existing benefactor for variety of local and national charity organizations and also provides support for our own employees’ extracurricular activities. To view our Human Capital Values, please visit our careers website at www.mammoet.com/en/jobs.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and salary expectations to this job posting by following the link www.mammoetvacancies.com:
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.