POSITION: Extrusion Operator DEPARTMENT: Extrusion
REPORTS TO: Primary Extrusion Line Operator
Responsible for setting up and operating an extrusion machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines and customer requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and adjust Extruders and auxiliary equipment within Standard Operating conditions. Inspect finished product as required to ensure that the process is producing quality product
- Perform fine tuning of equipment to maintain quality
- Understand the production schedule in order to prepare for Job Changes
- Work as part of a Team, in a team environment
- Assist other Shift Operators with job changes/setups on the shift as required by Lead Hand.
- Conduct Operational, Quality and Safety inspections and complete checklists, as required.
- Complete Factory reports (for production, downtime, quality and safety), as required.
- Operate electric hand truck
- Enter work order requests for any machine issues requiring Maintenance attention
- Communicate with incoming Operator at shift change to discuss operational performance/issues
- Follow all Safety Policies and maintain excellent organization
- Ensure work areas and machines are kept clean and in working condition
- Train and direct the activities of the Extrusion Helper to meet company objectives
- Support all efforts/direction of management provided via the Supervisor and Lead Hand.
- Support all engineering trials for continual improvement in the form of cost savings, labour reduction and process improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school graduate
- Mechanical/Technical Abilities- have worked with various tools
- Have experience in manufacturing environment eg. Blow film, any type of extrusion. It is hot and it is face paced.
- Need basic math skills
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written in English
- Follow instructions accurately
- Work in a fast paced environment
- You must be a diligent worker who pays attention to details
Reliable and a "go-getter attitude"
Ability to do some heavy lifting and a willingness to sit or stand as needed.
- Be open to working days or nights. Flexibility is the key.
- Be Reliable! Work everyday you are scheduled
Not afraid of learning new things
Physical surroundings: Manufacturing Plant
Adverse Working Environment: Steel toe safety shoes and hearing protection required in most areas of the plant; plant gets hot in the summer months; machines have pinch points, rotating/moving parts and hot parts; Able to work in a noisy environment. Plant has some forklift traffic.
Physical Effort: Moderate to Heavy: Feeding materials into the extruder. Some heavy lifting required on a non-repetitive basis and with assistance.