Being a part of the Save-On-Foods team, the Wine Advisor will work in our Wine department to create an exciting legendary customer service experience with prompt service, product knowledge expertise, and quality local wine products, while maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
We have an employment opportunity in our Fleetwood Save-On-Foods location for a Wine Advisor. This position reports to the Team Leader, Wine Department.
- Create great customer experiences and offer friendly, prompt, efficient, and courteous service.
- Ensure that wine products are appropriately stocked and attractively displayed and rotated to ensure quality and freshness.
- Provide customers with information about various specially selected wines and make recommendations on tastings and food pairings when required.
- Provide demonstrations on various wine products to engage customers.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
- Previous experience in a retail or hospitality environment with excellent customer service skills.
- Post-secondary education in food/beverage/hospitality studies is considered an asset.
- WSET Diploma is considered an asset.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Serving It Right certification is considered an asset.
- Comprehensive wine knowledge to educate customers and their preferences.
- Ability to make suggestions and recommendations regarding wine and food pairings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective oral and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.