Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Site C Interface Manager
Job Number: BCH-T-3645-170619E1
Job Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
The Site C Interface Manager is a senior and experienced contract management professional with a proven ability to lead the management of complex, high-risk commercial contracts associated with construction of heavy civil, mechanical and electrical infrastructure.
Reporting to the Sr. Construction Manager for Site C, the Interface Manager will support the Site C Clean Energy Project by being responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the points of interaction between the various commercial, stakeholder and technical elements of the contracts involved in the project in order to negate all issues with potential for impact to cost or schedule.
In a large complex project such as Site C the role of the Interface Manager is fairly loosely defined as it is foreseen that the ideal candidate would have the ability and experience to fulfill the role in a proactive and reasonably autonomous manner and with minimal direct supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Early identification of issues with potential for impact to cost or schedule, to minimize or remove their impact and promote clear, accurate, timely and consistent communication with other contracts for exchanging interface information.
- Work with Design, Construction Management, Procurement and Contract Management groups to facilitate and manage the contract interfaces outlined in the various contracts (Main Civil Works,
- Generating Station and Spillways, Transmission and Distribution, etc.). Includes working withcontractors to ensure that interface milestones are achieved by Contractors. Risk management of milestone risks is required.
- Accountable for the proper assessment and reporting of risk to meeting dependent interface milestones and for recommending business solutions for identified milestone risks and issues
- Coordinate the management of the contractor interface issues that arise at site where these issues have an impact on the design team, procurement, T&D, and Safety.
- Included in the review cycle for all submittals from the MCW, GSS, T-G, CC, HME, etc.contractors.
- Sign of on all RFI responses that have an impact on interfaces.
- Own interface risks and interface milestones and reports on stressed project milestones.
- Recommend business decisions to the Project Director.
- Develop and implement project Interface Management work processes
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to develop skills and knowledge within the Interface Management team.
- Report on assessment of remaining float.
- Lead the resolution of interface management issues that span more than one party's area of responsibility (i.e. design team, CM team, procurement, T&D, Safety, etc.).
- Work with the design team interface manager to keep the interface log up-to-date.
- Understands the impact of moving a contract milestone on other contract milestones.
- University degree in business, engineering, law or related discipline.
- Proven strong commercial experience.
- Strong technical background or competency in engineering and design is an asset.
- 15+ years of contract management, construction management and design procurement.
- Experience operating within crown corporations or government environments.
- Experience in the construction of a hydroelectric dam or construction of hydroelectric projects is strongly encouraged.
- Experience managing large Civil, Geotech, Mechanical and Electrical contracts.
- Demonstrated experience leading the management of complex contracts, negotiations and stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new processes and procedures across an organization.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and analytical skills.
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of hydroelectric structures and equipment.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Eng with specialist knowledge of both design and construction interfaces
- Experience in:
Specific management of milestone interfaces between contracts
Construction of hydroelectric projects
Management of design and/or construction interfaces
- This is a Full Time Temporary position until November, 2022
- A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain a valid Driver's License: Class 5 In Good Standing.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 11th, 2017.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.