Being a part of the Save-On-Foods team, the Wine Team Leader will work in our Wine department to lead by example in providing an exciting legendary customer service experience with prompt service, product knowledge expertise, quality beverages and products, while maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
We have an employment opportunity in our Ironwood Save-On-Foods location for a Wine Team Leader. This position reports to the Assistant Store Manager and /or Supervisor, depending on store structure.
- Create great customer experiences and offer friendly, prompt, efficient, and courteous service.
- Ensure that products are appropriately stocked and attractively displayed and rotated to ensure quality and freshness.
- Provide customers with information about different products and making recommendations on tastings and pairings when required.
- Engage and retain team members through training and development, performance management, rewards/recognition and the identification and development of future leaders.
- Achieve operational standards for the Specialty Department (e.g. cleanliness, food safety, shrink, scheduling, health and safety).
- Assists in managing product ordering and inventory control to attain established service levels.
- Use knowledge of the community, competitive environment and industry to identify entrepreneurial strategies to help grow the Specialty department business.
- Provide demonstrations on products to engage customers.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
- Previous experience in a retail or hospitality environment.
- Post-secondary education in food/beverage/hospitality studies is considered an asset.
- WSET Diploma is considered an asset.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Serving It Right certification is considered an asset.
- Comprehensive product knowledge to educate customers and their preferences.
- Ability to make suggestions and recommendations regarding beverages and food pairings.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Physically able to lift between 30-40 lbs.
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.