Job Description: RPN Coordinator, Training and Development
The Registered Practical Nurse provides professional nursing care and coordinates the delivery of chronic pain medical treatments. The RPN ensures that he/she adheres to all clinic policies, nursing procedures, standards and practices, and is responsible for training and development of all RPN staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides direct nursing care to patients.
- Provides supportive care to patients and administers treatments as prescribed.
- Establishes priorities and makes ethically sound decisions to ensure safe patient care.
- Responds to emergency situations to promote optimal patient outcomes by recognizing changes in the patient's health status.
- Documents patient data to ensure continuity in the provision and coordination of patient care.
- Assists with the follow-up care.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Provides education and resources to patients and families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and cleaning and decontaminating techniques.
- Performs nursing assessments and triage of patient care needs for all patients.
- Provides patient and family counselling as required. and schedules referrals.
- Assists in epidurals as required.
- Assists in training new staff, and/or support staff engaged in clinic activities.
- Responsible for the training and development of RPNs PSWs and IMGs in all job functions, including the EMR as well as support staff in all job functions.
- Responsible for supporting the setup of existing and new clinics with streamlined processes and procedures.
- Creates the monthly nursing schedule.
- Responsible for hiring qualified RPNs, PSWs and IMGs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Diploma as a Registered Practical Nurse
- 2-4 years nursing experience preferred
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills used to educate the patient and their families with the nature of the disease, instruction, and care.
- Ability to maintain composure and emotional stability in coping with emergencies, stress situations, and human suffering.
- Strong ability in maintaining safety and quality as well as infection control standards.
- Strong knowledge in medical procedures, equipment and medical facilities.
- Demonstrated ability in performing nursing assessment and triage.
The RPN reports to the Operations Manager.