Warrior is a Calgary based company that manufactures Innovative Equipment for the Oil Field drilling industry including Top Drives and Turbo Tongs.
Job Title: Technical Training Coordinator
Location: Calgary, AB
- Warrior Rig Technologies Ltd manufactures oilfield drilling equipment. The Training Coordinator plans, develops and delivers technical training to Warrior employees and customers.
- The goal of the Training Coordinator is to organize, develop and deliver all technical professional development at Warrior using proven training methodologies. The Training Coordinator will collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to maximize training effectiveness and manage all aspects of company facilities, materials and records related to training.
- Deliver technical training designed to improve the knowledge and skills of employees in conjunction with defined competencies.
- Deliver technical training emphasizing features and benefits of Warrior products and services over competitor products and services.
- Coordinate with departmental managers to plan, develop, and deliver technical training and staff development programs to Warrior teams and individuals.
- Liaise with customers to develop and deliver technical product training to Warrior customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize training effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage key resources to facilitate delivery of Warrior training.
- Work with external training suppliers to coordinate and execute third party training activities.
- Recommend and assist in the development of curriculum using instructional design and adult learning principles for various delivery options.
- Develop, organize and acquire training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Select and utilize appropriate training methods per case.
- Assess instructional effectiveness using suitable testing and evaluating techniques.
- Elicit feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session.
- Ensure that records are maintained of all training activities.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, and accommodation as required to achieve efficient attendance and delivery of internal and external training.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant areas, including new product development and field implementation.
- Facilitate collaboration between production, service and other departments to identify and resolve issues.
- Implement measures to improve employee performance, product quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate continual improvements of the Warrior training program.
- Provide technical training in other Warrior facilities and in customer locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technological Diploma or Journeyman Certificate is required.
- Applicants must have direct experience related to training.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years of experience in a relevant field.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical devices and control systems is required.
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft suite of products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint) is required.
- Candidates must be able to interact effectively with individuals and groups of people.
- Excellent oral, written and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to travel, including internationally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Education.
- Formal training experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with exposure to manufacturing and oilfield drilling practices.