Location:Unit 3 - 75 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2T8 Canada
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Learning and Development Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development, the L&D Specialist acts as a Subject Matter Expert within Operations and is responsible for the delivery of training, related to end-to-end operational policies, programs, and processes through classroom, group or one-on-one training. The incumbent also manages day-to-day training activities and ensures standardization of methods and implementation practices as well as on-going maintenance of training materials.
- Work closely with the Manager, Learning and Development in support of maintenance and continuous improvement of learning solutions, programs, and tools to ensure alignment and support of corporate goals
- Collaborate with the Pharmacy Managers to establish priorities and provide support as necessary, and ensures that SOPs are followed accordingly
- Uses adult learning principles to conduct technical and/or soft skills training for new and existing employees
- Adheres to Learning and Development processes and methodologies to fulfill delivery of scheduled training curriculum and workshops, lunch and learns and related activities aligned with operational strategies and goals
- Provides support to new trainees in the classroom to ensure that learners have adequate support and guidance to apply their newly acquired skills and knowledge on the job
- Provides on-boarding & transitional support to trainees as they transition from the learning environment into production in accordance to established standards and policies.
- Researches and validates content and best practices for existing training, learning support tools and job aids. Presents research findings and recommendations to enhance quality of delivery of product, services, or processes
- Implements appropriate changes, solutions and a variety of training support materials as a result of operational, trainee, and/or Learning and Development feedback
- Provides Operational training support to staff such as, but not limited to:
- Kroll system usage - processing prescriptions, maintenance of patient profiles, etc.,
- Maintenance and update of all training materials and work instructions including the dispensing machine Policy and Procedure Manual and user guides,
- Maintenance of the Kroll Manual and developing training tools to help users
- Provides training to new users of dispensing machine (i.e. Automed) - safety regulations
- Recommends training requirements to ensure highest level of performance on the dispensing machine and Koll software system.
- Assists in the development of support materials to foster ongoing learning opportunities for both existing and new hires within different functional areas within the organization.
- Evaluates user training performance and provides feedback and results to trainees and Managers
- Management of day to day training activities and coordination of training schedules
Skills, Experience & Education
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Results and service-oriented
- Ability to envision and create accurate and useful training program documents
- Proven ability to work independently and with teams to set priorities and work schedules to meet deadlines
- Takes Initiative and demonstrates Listening, Understanding & Responding
- Able to work effectively within the organization to establish relationships, build trust and influence appropriately to drive performance through learning
- Highly proficient with Windows XP applications: Word and PowerPoint; and proficient with Excel
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to travel when required
- 3-5 years of related or relevant experience in classroom facilitation delivering learning programs
University/College Diploma in related field
Certificates, Licenses or Registration
Certificate or Degree in Training or Adult Education
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You'll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.