Job Title: Curriculum Coordinator (FTT)
Job Number: BCH-T-5834-170705E1
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- Establishes and maintains a library of hard- and soft-copy curriculum resources and documentation for the department, including developing a curriculum request system, version control practices, practices governing borrowing and returns, and a process to collect and record post-course evaluation materials such as course evaluation sheets. Develops necessary forms and guidelines for library users to follow when accessing curriculum material.
- Assembles training curriculum material from the library and distributes to internal and external trainers and/or course participants as required for each type of program; consults with instructional designers during curriculum development and maintenance periods to ensure most current material is being distributed; monitors loaned items from the curriculum library and follows-up to ensure items are returned; organizes and reports on post-course materials; and responds to requests from clients and trainers for general information related to curriculum development. Manages and maintains off-site records.
- Collaborates with staff and training coordinators from other business units to coordinate distribution of curriculum material, equipment, and evaluations to avoid redundancies and confusion and to compare department practices with current corporate processes and best practices.
- Enters and maintains course information in the Learning Management System (LMS) and maintains related spreadsheet, data base and other records and files including statistical records. Sets up filing system.
- Prepares various HR documents such as documentation for recruitments, new hires, changes of status; terminations, etc. Enters salary and wage time on corporate financial management systems. Coordinates and follows-up on the flow of information between the manager and direct reports. Prepares and/or submits various reports such as overtime, salary time, pay reports, monthly reports, etc.
- Provides information on office procedures, policy changes in protocol and various standards; exchanges information on existing programs and services, i.e. training information, computer information, upgrades, etc. Communicates verbally and in writing with external and internal correspondents, responding directly, or referring to others as appropriate.
- Uses a variety of software to create documents, presentations, reports and correspondence and acts as a resource and assists others with various software applications. Provides assistance/solutions on office equipment problems. Reviews requirements for equipment and services to be purchased and/or leased and makes recommendations for a variety of office equipment.
- Contributes to the design of professional templates used to develop courseware materials for instructors and learners and develops document formats and layouts for use of instructional designers. Proofreads curriculum material and edits for consistency of presentation. Assists the instructional designers in finding and researching content for courses. May perform desktop publishing and graphical support for the preparation and maintenance of a variety of department materials, including the website.
- Organizes professional development opportunities for instructional designers and trainers by setting up training sessions, coordinating and scheduling attendance of participants, and administering related records and files.
- Participates as a member of project teams, contributing to the effective operation and functioning of these teams by attending meetings and providing information related to activities and requirements of the department. Contributes to project planning and, in some cases, leads on the project management of a development project
- Reports on training program measures such as trainee progress, test results and program or project status data by performing duties such as: researching and gathering data from various sources; preparing and maintaining periodic and ad hoc reports and statistical summaries on spreadsheets and/or summarizing information into formal reports; and preparing presentation material for use at meetings, workshops, presentations, conferences, courses, etc.
- Provides a variety of general administrative, accounting-related and clerical support services for the department such as: planning, scheduling, coordinating and organizing both individual and team meetings and travel arrangements; ordering stock and office supplies; gathering and summarizing information required to prepare and monitor budgets and variances; processing expense claims, purchasing documentation, capital authorization requests, work orders, and goods received reports; checking and/or coding various invoices; following up to review and correct cost discrepancies with suppliers. Maintains approved training provider list, provides vendor contact information as requested and processes vendor contracts.
- Performs minor duties related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- College-level diploma or certificate related to administration or training with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience in a scheduling, coordination, and/or administrative position.
- Experience working for a training department or educational organization and knowledge of instructional design is an asset.
- Experience working with a human resources information system and a learning management system is required.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- Please note this an eight month Full-Time Temporary opportunity headquartered at the Trades Training Centre in Surrey.
- This role is responsible for scheduling training around the province and apprentice trainee program administration.
- Normal office conditions.
- As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to take a written test/assessment during the interview.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Excellent organizational ability in order to coordinate multiple concurrent projects and contractor schedules.
- Well-developed customer service skills to work with internal and external customers, peers, managers and external contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of website design and maintenance.
- Proficiency in standard word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and project management software applications such as MS Excel and authoring systems such as Visio/Illustrator.
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and layout.
- Working knowledge of standard office administration routines and practices.
- Working knowledge of a computerized learning management system (LMS).
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 14, 2017.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.