What is the opportunity?
The Agile coach drives the implementation of the overall philosophy, strategy, tools and processes for wide spread adoption of the Agile methodology and principles. The Agile coach participates in the development of the Agile COE and is engaged in consulting, education and coaching support to Agile teams, scrum masters, product owners, the executive ranks and management throughout RBC. This role is key to ensure broad Agile methodology adoption, corporate productivity improvements, enhanced delivery and quality, cost optimization, speed to market and increased customer satisfaction. A key role of the Senior Agile coach is to promote the Agile culture and mindset throughout the organization.
What will you do?
Build Individual and team capabilities
- Developing product recommendations based on customer feedback, User experience (UX) interpretation of customer feedback, commercial / technical / legal assessments, and leveraging their own domain of experience.
- Trains agile teams and coaches them through the process of onboarding, initial project sprints, and as needed throughout the project lifecycle, to help team members develop their skills and become self-sufficient.
- Demonstrates and shares experience and observations with all team members and to make sure that the best practices are being used and recommends improvement of development processes
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
- Sees to the overall objective cohesion of initiatives involving many scrum teams.
- Provides visibility on initiative performance
Build organizational capabilities
- Collects lessons learned through involvement with projects and incorporate into frameworks and methodologies
- Participates in Agile COE-sponsored Communications Program including road shows, quality kickoff meetings and departmental presentations that will promote the principles and value of the Agile Community of Expert Practitioners.
- Implements action items that will ensure the institutionalization of Agile best practices across RBC.
- Assists in determining which delivery frameworks and methodologies are relevant to different complex initiatives (e.g. scrum, Kanban, scaled Agile)
- Prepares and delivers presentations to business and technology partners, senior management and executives, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience.
- Researches emerging trends/best practices and determines implications of proposed methodologies on meeting business unit strategy.
- Provides Senior Executives with Management Reports showing trends & key performance indicators for strategic Agile initiatives across the Enterprise
People Leadership & Management
- Ensures that employees understand RBC vision, as well as support and reinforce targeted behaviours that contribute to RBC goals
- Provides focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
- Supports direct & indirect reports through change, keeping them focused on business priorities
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master or Agile coach
- Over 10 years of experience in software development and/or project delivery and/or business (system) analysis
- Experience as a scrum master or Agile coach with demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply RBC Agile Management Framework and SAFe and well documented Agile techniques (User Stories, Burndown techniques, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous testing, etc.)
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Agile Certification (e.g. SAFe, Scrum Master, Scrum Coach, Scrum Master Trainer, Rally)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-07-31
Req ID: 140760
Posting Notes: SF:EFC