Location: St. Lambert
Province: Quebec (CA-QC)
Assignment : Permanent
# of openings : 1.00
Posting End Date : 11/28/2017
As part of our succession planning efforts and to meet our organisational needs, we are offering a unique training opportunity.
We invite all external candidates who possess the required qualifications and who are interested in participating in a paid training program in order to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills of the Canal Services Technician - Electrical job to apply directly online.
The duration of the training is about 18 months full-time and will lead its incumbent if qualified to a permanent status.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Canal Services Maintenance, the Canal Services Technician - Electrical executes the activities related to the passage of vessels through a structure and completes regular maintenance tasks and response to breakdowns. As a member of the shift team, ensures the safe, secure and efficient transit of vessels by minimizing/eliminating disruptions to navigation and structure operations due to electrical faults by installing, repairing, maintaining, inspecting and troubleshooting electrical control systems, instrumentation and electronic apparatus.
- Completes and records work orders related to maintenance and responds to breakdowns to minimize disruption to navigation;
- Perform all activities related to the passage of vessels and structures including operating lock and bridge equipment, vessel mooring & monitoring and monitoring water levels;
- Record and maintain transit data in electronic systems;
- Performs all tasks related to general housekeeping and civil work of the lock areas;
- Perform all activities related to security of the operational facilities in compliance with the applicable security requirements; and,
- Applies safe work methods in compliance with corporate safety programs and applicable legislation.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Electrical-Testing Instruments
- Electrical Diagrams and Blueprints
- Cable and Wiring Practices
- Proficiency in applicable computer programs and related office software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages(QC).
Experience and knowledge
- Possession of two to five years experience in an industrial environment maintaining controls and electrical equipment, especially in programmable logic controls and variable speed motor controls;
- Good knowledge of soft starters/variable speed drives, ethernet, remote I/O and fiber optics communication methods and equipment;
- Familiar with PLC programming (ladder and IEC languages) and operator workstation software.
- High School Diploma and Apprenticeship Program or Equivalent
- Diplôme d'études professionnelles - DEP (Québec) OR completion of an apprenticeship program or equivalent
- Provincial Certification of Qualification - Licensed Industrial Electrician (442A) in Ontario OR a Certificate of Qualification as a licensed Industrial Electrician (licence C) in Quebec
- Completion of Canal Structures Operator training program
- Radio Restricted Operators Certificate (Maritime)
- Valid DZ (ON) or Class 3 (QC) driver's licence with an insurable driving record
Conditions of Employment
- 40 hrs schedule
- Ability to meet physical demands and safety sensitive requirements
- Ability to meet the applicable security clearance from Transport Canada
- Flexible schedule
- 12hrs shift
- Linguistic Second Language Testing = oral & written (intermediate level)
- Electrician Technical Test (Written)
PROJECTED START DATE: January 8, 2018
HOURS OF WORK: 40 per week
Pay Grade : Class 2 to Class 7
Range (Min) : $25.54/hour
Range (Max): $39.03/hour
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.