The Specialist will be responsible to research, source, and evaluate products and services by working in collaboration with respective business partners. Responsible to complete a minimum of 18 projects per year with a target of 10% savings (avoided costs/price reduction/price mitigation) from total baseline spend. Current indirect spend in Canada is in excess of $300 M annually.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with business units to establish business requirements and project baselines. This will include understanding what need is being met by a particular product or service, budget and or historical spend.
- Responsible for performing and managing analysis creation as necessary to evaluate and recommend the most effective procurement strategies (RFQ/RFP/RFI/Auction/Contract Negotiation) and to determine project priorities that best support the corporate sourcing strategy and Staples objectives.
- Source, create, develop, analyze, and project manage RFI's and RFP's based on the needs of the particular business unit including but not limited to: establishment of pre-qualification criteria, creation of applicable questions and performance, establishment of terms that are critical to the business unit, assisting in determining list of potential bidders.
- Establish supplier and proposal evaluation criteria, response templates and evaluation instructions to meet needs of business unit
- Participate in contract negotiations in concert with internal customers (Business Unit representatives) and all other communications with potential vendors/contractors/suppliers.
- Responsible to understand and communicate Staples legal requirements, payment terms (taxation), performance terms and conditions to ensure the contractual risk to Staples is minimized this includes negotiation of terms, pricing, and applicable Service Level information
- Recognize and develop opportunities for savings and process improvement and implementation.
- Keep abreast of industry, markets, services and commodities to obtain maximum financial benefits while adhering to all legislated standards (Health and Safety)
- Support internal and external audit requirements in relation to sourcing policies and procedures.
- Contract creation to meet Staples Global Legal/Privacy requirements, to include all necessary SOPs, terms and conditions, performance metrics and review with Manager, Business Unit and Legal
- Assemble and complete the financial analysis for each sourcing activity on a timely basis that includes; current cost baseline, Item detail, Supplier cost options and other pertinent criteria.
- Develop baseline and specification list for each project using the Spend Management system.
- Develop pricing tables in e-negotiation tool.
- Pull pricing form the e-negotiation tool and provide accurate pricing analysis and summary for each project.
- Provide market research to the sourcing manager for each project. Develop a competitive analysis using the internet, Hoovers, Forrester and/or the Executive Board for each project. Also provide details on sales history and market trends.
- Provide the sourcing manager with a strategic recap after every analysis and recommend bid strategies.
- Update the access database weekly to summarize status of each project.
- Ensure standard analytical processes and procedures are followed to streamline the analytical process.
Effective Process/Continuous Improvement (15%)
- Participation in Global Sourcing Meetings
- Participation in GSP working groups for any process or program with NA or Global implications (Spend Management, or E-Sourcing Software as examples)
- Report on efficiencies identified in each RFP to Staples Canada and to Global Sourcing team
- Provide education and guidance to business units regarding the value of adopting and complying with sourcing policies, procedures, tools and processes
- Maintain accurate database of closed and current projects including project status and future (pipeline) projects
- Perform financial analysis as required such as project savings, avoided costs and present Senior Leadership
- Liaison with Staples US Sourcing team for purposes of training, project updates, potential North American or Global project creation
- Identify opportunities to standardize service delivery scopes of work across Staples Business Units.
Document Management (15%)
- Ensure all contracts are approved by the appropriate Stakeholders as defined by Staples policy
- Manage the life cycle of all contracts
- Develop and make any required changes to contracts upon request
- Manage hard copies of all contracts completed by Sourcing
- Extend the reach of Sourcing by exercising appropriate influence with project teams, business units and peer groups,
- Lead project teams or directly address specific sourcing issues, working with stakeholders and sourcing management to reach resolutions.
- Ensuring Global Sourcing Policy is understood and adhered to.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to negotiate contracts
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Strong Analysis skills
- Intermediate Experience with eRFX/eNegotiation Tools
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Ability to multi-task, strong time management skills required
- Home Office Environment
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a sourcing and/or procurement function or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible business experience
- STAPLES Business Depot experience is an asset
- 2-3 years experience e-sourcing software, and with contract creation including agreements for multiple locations, multiple statements of works, purchase and service agreements.
- Post-secondary education is preferred (Bachelors Degree) with a focus in business, negotiations, project management or equivalent experience
Please click here to Apply On-Line.