As Canada's largest Full Line department store retailer, Sears provides a fast-paced, innovative team oriented environment. We are committed to excellence in everything we do, including the protection of our corporate assets, and the assurance of the health and safety of our associates and our customers.
Looking for an exciting career in retail Loss Prevention? This position will provide you with the opportunity to work with various levels of Sears associates, law enforcement / security professionals and the public.
Lead and develop the Sears Loss Prevention team members and the actively support the execution and communication of all loss prevention and health and safety related duties which assist in the reduction of losses and maintain a safe shopping and working environment for customers and associates.
- Prevent inventory losses through communication and participation with all associates using in store programs and prevention measures;
- Support the execution of programs to prevent loss and control inventory including communication and education to associates on theft awareness and prevention measures;
- Collaborate with business leaders and Loss Prevention team members to facilitate the execution of company programs, and effectively manage the Loss Prevention team and all corporate supported programs;
- Facilitate and Lead Loss Prevention team members in the training and development of all security related programs and processes;
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies, security and loss prevention professionals;
- Conduct regular audits on internal systems, i.e. internal based exception reports and follow up to address non conformances through investigations and/or process improvements;
- Detect, apprehend and process customers engaged in shop theft or other fraudulent activities and complete all related documentation;
- Respond to all emergency situations, i.e. power failures, fires, bomb threats and accidents. Contact appropriate external services, such as polices, ambulance, etc. and administer first aid to injured associates and customers;
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all injuries/incidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Posses a valid security licence
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and training skills
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to walk / be on your feet for extended periods
- Education: Two year community college in a security related field an asset
- Years of Relevant Experience: 1-2 years preferred
In return we are offering:
A competitive salary
Health benefits after 3 months
Associate discount on Sears merchandise and services
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Internal applicant must be an associate in good standing.