SLH Transport Inc. is one of Canada’s largest For-Hire Truckload Carriers, with headquarters based in Kingston Ontario. We offer a safety oriented work environment dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. We are seeking a mature, motivated and dedicated individual to assume a leadership role in promoting high standards in the areas of Safety, Compliance and Recruiting.
Accident Investigation and Resolution
- Including first response point of post-accident contact
- Conduct accident reviews, with recommendation for post-accident training and root cause analysis
Monitoring and Analyzing of Owner-Operator Compliance
- Review all jurisdictional repots for non-compliance (CVOR, USDOT, abstracts)
- Recommend and implement measures for improvement and/or reductions in all areas such as: Traffic violations, CVOR/USDOT infractions, Accidents rates and Owner-Operator equipment maintenance reporting
- Recommend and implement corrective measures in response to incidents as required
Driver training and recruitment
- Conduct training as required (Post-accident remedial, Dangerous Goods etc)
- Conduct preliminary screening interviews
- Promote SLH Transport as an employment destination of choice at various recruiting events as required
- Ongoing communication of updates/changes to safety, security, environmental and compliance issues to a large and diverse driver group
- Use appropriate resources to maintain and enhance current knowledge of all aspects of transportation industry regulatory requirements
- Monitor driver performance through Shaw Tracking SensorTracs functionality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent group presentation skills
- Keen attention to detail, good time management and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Canadian and U.S. highway, security and safety practices – CVOR, US DOT FMCSR– CSA2010, Load Securement, HazMat/Dangerous Goods, C-TPAT/FAST
- Demonstrated competence with standard business software - Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office
- Valid Class A driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Previous experience with ICC Transportation software (including RISK module) a definite asset
- Two years previous experience in a Safety and Compliance role
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
SLH Transport Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please self identify when applying.