Storagepipe provides world-class data protection solutions including online backup and recovery, cloud storage, electronic archiving and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to small and mid-sized businesses, enterprises and a growing group of resellers and partners. At Storagepipe, we have a talented team who are committed to high standards and great service which has been instrumental to our success and growth.
We are always looking for more great people to fill key roles as we continue to expand. Our employees operate with integrity, and are flexible, reliable and responsive to customers’ needs.
If you are looking for a fast paced, entrepreneurial company with a great reputation, apply today. Currently, we are looking for a Manager of Technical Support to join our team. The successful candidate will work from our downtown Toronto location.
Here is what we can offer you:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Flexible Benefits
We also have lots of employee events including:
- Company lunches and picnics
- Sporting and social events
- Evening events and dinners
We are looking for an energetic, flexible and ambitious individual with a desire to engage with customers, provide world-class service and to challenge themselves to learn new technology and approaches. Join our rapidly growing company as a key individual, and make a difference. Storagepipe offers a fantastic and flexible work environment and opportunities to learn from and work with an exceptional group of people. We also offer competitive pay and many benefits to our team members.
The Manager of Technical Support, uses their technical background, business acumen and people-management skills to lead a team of system administrators and application support staff who focus on collaboration with our clients and support for their infrastructure with a constant focus on a customer service orientation. One of the primary reasons for our success is our commitment to customer service.
The ideal candidate for this job will not only be exceptional at IT but must also be great at engagement with customers and the internal team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as a professional and pleasant demeanor are a requirement. Analytical thinking is imperative as this position often involves problem resolution and process development. In addition, a strong customer service orientation is a must because the manager often serves as the final escalation point for high-visibility troubleshooting and resolution. A willingness to go the extra mile to make sure our customers are satisfied with a job well done is critical.
As the Manager of Technical Support, you will challenge your team to support diverse aspects of the business, providing ongoing support and coaching throughout. You will also ensure that both existing and new solutions are properly supported by the Application and Technical Support team.
The Technical Support team is responsible for working to document requirements and collaborate with stakeholders from implementation to delivery and beyond. Intimately tied in with this is the requirement that our services be supported on an ongoing basis. To this end the manager is also ultimately responsible for ensuring that business critical services are properly supported and monitored in collaboration with stakeholders across the company.
- Managing the daily operations of our technical support services
- Managing staff, including hiring, training, scheduling work assignments and conducting evaluations
- Monitoring response times, evaluating user satisfaction levels and making recommendations for improvement
- Evaluating and managing systems software and making recommendations regarding upgrades or changes
- Completing technical service requests and providing continuous business application support for backup and disaster recovery services and other cloud solutions
- Coordinate with the support team to conducting root-cause analysis and resolve customer incidents/problems, fulfill service requests, and institute continuous service improvement initiatives and methods.
- Work closely with our operations and account teams to schedule and implement customer deployments
- Learn and apply data protection and disaster recovery concepts and requirements
- Provide technical expertise and work on internal infrastructure, cloud, network and data center projects
- Track customer interactions and activities in our CRM and ticketing systems.
- Hands on, team player with a proactive bias Maintain a professional, optimistic, and energetic presence that instills confidence in the team
- Multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with limited supervision
- Creating documentation such as policies, procedures, training, workflows and user guides
- Develop performance measurements (goals/metrics/reports) and facilitate a feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
- Coach, inspire, and hold individuals accountable to improve their performance and their skills
Experience and Skills:
- Familiar with Tier I, II and III software/technical support. Experience working and escalation between internal IT staff, external vendors and managed services.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field plus five years’ experience managing business systems and demonstrated leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience and proven abilities to facilitate multidisciplinary project teams accomplishing strategic goals
- Experience with virtualization (VMware; Hyper V) and data center infrastructure
- Strong analytical, prioritization, time management, and follow-up skills
- Network Operations Center (NOC), customer service and trouble ticketing experience
- Fluent verbal and written skills in French and English is an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in the IT industry and technical leadership roles