|Department:||CC SENIORS NORTH HC|
|Posting Open Date:||2017-07-15|
|Posting Close Date:||2017-07-28|
|Location:||Northwest Centre 1 - At|
|Employee Class:||Regular Full-Time|
|Temporary End Date:|
|Hours Per Shift:||8.15|
|Length of Shift Cycle:||4|
|Shift Per Cycle:||19|
|Days Off:||As Per Rotation|
|Rates of Pay:||AHS offers a competitive compensation package|
|Category:||Business/Management/Leadership, Nursing - Advanced Practice/Management|
|This leadership opportunity with the Seniors North, Integrated Home Care team supports an interdisciplinary team of mobile professionals in the community. The Care Manager has primary accountability for the management of human resources within the service area, including recruitment, retention, discipline, performance management and staff development.
There is a strong focus on client centered care through advancing case management practices with clinicians on the team. The team consists of RN, LPN, OT, PT and TA professionals. Strong communication skills facilitate the internal function of this role and promote, as well as maintain, external partnerships essential in the delivery of care. The Care Manager works collaboratively with the IHC leadership team to ensure program-wide objectives are met, including participating in IHC and regional committees, initiatives, program development, and projects.
The position also has primary responsibility for financial management within the service area, which includes the understanding of minor and capital equipment needs for resource planning.
Leadership and Planning:
- Manages the day to day operations of professional staff at the site level, brings forward concerns and recommends solutions to the Area Manager.
- Identifies staffing needs required to effectively and efficiently operate.
- Monitors operational issues, acts as a role model and change agent to ensure the implementation and success of regional and provincial strategic directions.
- Fosters client centered care, recognizing unique client situations and complexity of care delivery in the community.
- Monitors effectiveness of contracted services provided by home support agencies and housing operators.
- Makes operational decisions within the assigned area of responsibility based on critical review of clinical information, workload data and fiscal resources.
- Participates in the entire recruitment process: identifying need, interviewing, hiring, and providing orientation to newly hired staff.
- Encourages and supports staff to identify learning needs; promotes continued learning opportunities for professional growth. Fosters an atmosphere conducive to meeting staff development and student learning experiences.
- Monitors and comments on staff performance, provides immediate, constructive feedback to facilitate ongoing quality performance and meeting accountabilities. Completes staff performance reviews.
Coordination and Communication:
- Fosters internal/external information exchange related to areas of responsibility with various stakeholders.
- Facilitates/leads regular team meetings, providing staff with current guidelines and process information impacting clinical/case management practice.
Occupational Health Safety and Wellness:
- Promotes a safe and respectful workplace.
|- Bachelor Degree in health care field, Business or Administration required; Master in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Clinical specialty preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
Demonstrated leadership qualities:
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills are required.
- Proven record of strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and negotiate with a variety of external and internal stakeholders will be necessary.
- Decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of change management, conflict resolution frameworks and coaching models as asset.
- Physical ability to perform duties such as Home visits and attendance at Complex Discharge conferences.
- Continuous learning is critical to keep pace with the environmental and operational changes.
- Previous Home Care experience an asset.
- A client-centered approach and capacity to coach and mentor others is required.
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable motor vehicle for day to day travel is required.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).