|Title||Assist Head Nurse|
|Department:||NZ QEII HOSP NU06 Surgical|
|Posting Open Date:||2017-07-27|
|Posting Close Date:||2017-08-08|
|Location:||Grande Prairie QE II Hsp/Mac - At|
|Employee Class:||Regular Full-Time|
|Temporary End Date:|
|Hours Per Shift:||7.75|
|Length of Shift Cycle:||12|
|Shift Per Cycle:||57|
|Days Off:||As Per Rotation|
|Rates of Pay:||Minimum: 38.09 per hour Maximum: 50.67 per hour|
|Category:||Nursing - Advanced Practice/Management, Nursing - Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse|
|Reporting to the Unit Manager, this position provides leadership and direction to the assigned department under the direction of the Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for assigning duties and evaluating staffing mix.
The Clinical Coordinator is also responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, directing and evaluation of the provision of care and programs in the department under the direction of the Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the provision of care on the unit, ensuring patients receive safe professional care as well as promoting a seamless continuum of care for the patients.
- Works with the Unit Manager, Staff Educator in facilitating staff development.
- Assist in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programs and service delivery of the unit.
- Performs other related duties which may include but are not limited to assuming delegates responsibility for the unit and participating on the hospital committees as required by manager or delegate.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, Alberta Health Services currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
|- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) is required.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing, Master degree is preferred.
- Nursing Unit management/clinical leadership certificate is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years surgical clinical practice, with previous experience working in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Certification as required within the scope of the job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly encountered disease entities, the associated nursing diagnoses/problem statement, the effects of medical and surgical interventions, and the concomitant nursing interventions are required.
- Experience with application of professional knowledge, technical and interpersonal skills, and clinical judgment in the delivery of professional nursing.
- Ability to handle heavy or awkward items (lifting, transferring, carrying), and withstand considerable walking or standing.
- Ability to be physically confined to an area due to job demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient information and health records.
- Ability to adhere to nursing policy and practice standards.
- Ability to maintain adherence to Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics.
- Ability to identify own strengths and weaknesses and showing initiative for improvement.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others and accept change.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and effective communication skills in all encounters.
- Evidence of initiative, flexibility and sound judgment.
- Evidence of thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Evidence of maturity and stability.
- Evidence of positive attitude, caring and concern.
- Evidence of punctual and regular attendance.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by authority of the Protection For Person In Care Act (Section 10(4).