At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (“CSEC”) we deliver excitement. Our mission to connect people with sports and entertainment is our passion. If an industry that’s fast paced, dynamic, and passionate about guest experience excites you, come and join our team!
We are looking for a Director, Training to make an impact on developing our people and implementing seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive employee development within the department.
- Provide guidance and leadership to department employees and trainers.
- Evaluate the current training programs and a needs assessment for the Food Services Department.
- Develop a competency based training program for the Food Services team.
- Assist in the development of support materials for training programs for new and existing employees along with tracking all training administered.
- Create annual Food Services training budgets and objectives which contribute to the overall success of the department.
- Provide strategic leadership around staff planning, recruitment and training programs.
- Practice safe behaviors.
- Actively mentor and coach staff.
- Use adult learning principles to conduct training for new and existing employees
- Work closely with department managers to support maintenance and continuous improvement of learning solutions, programs and tools to ensure strategies align and support CSEC goals and culture.
- Establish priorities and provide necessary support to departments to ensure SOPs are created and followed accordingly.
- Adhere to Learning and Development process and methodologies to fulfill delivery of scheduled training curriculum and sessions.
- Manage day to day training activities and coordination of training schedules.
- Coach and mentor food service team members to improve people through fostering a cohesive, engaged and positive team environment.
- Create effective working relationships with food services team members, business partners and external stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Post-secondary education focused on Business Management along with Adult Educations and Training certificates within the hospitality field is ideal.
- 5+ years of progressive management and training experience within a hospitality venue.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry and a multifaceted organization.
- Must be able to take direction and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Mission: Inspire our team to deliver exceptional experiences.
- Vision: to be recognized as leaders in the hospitality industry through our commitment to deliver inspired experiences by leveraging innovation, operational excellence and investment in people.
- Teamwork – through great Leadership – fostering trust in our teams, our partners, our fans and our community.
- Integrity – doing the right thing at all times and in all circumstances.
- Courtesy – demonstrating respect and consideration for others.
- Strive for Excellence – in all that we do by taking pride in everything that we do.
- Accountability – completely responsible for the actions we take.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com; please include the job title in the subject line of your email.