Enercare Inc. is a TSX-listed company with investment grade credit rating and one of Canada's largest home and commercial services and sub-metering companies. More than one million customers trust Enercare to make their homes and businesses more comfortable, more functional and more efficient everyday.
At Enercare, we believe that intelligent energy solutions can benefit everyone. Our energy products, services and conservation programs combine the best practices in the industry with comprehensive programs, flawlessly delivered.
Our Home Solutions and Sub-metering Solutions allow us to work together with homeowners, property managers, multi-residential building owners, developers, condominium boards and residents to help save energy, save money and save the planet.
Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
Role: Training Coordinator (Lead)
Status: Full-time, Temporary/Contract - 24 months
Department: Project Delivery
Division: Enercare Home and Commercial Services
Location: Birchmount (Markham)
As a key member of Enercare’s Project Delivery team, the incumbent is primarily responsible for the training and knowledge of Operations staff. The successful candidate will play a key role on our Business Transformation team as we go through major system changes and replacements over the coming years.
- Oversee a team of training developers and trainers to meet project expectations and timelines
- Develop training strategies, plans and approach for projects
- Collect and assess project and training risks and resistance with end user community.
- Learn training tools and leverage training templates.
- Collaborate with business process owners and application consultants to develop end user training curriculum; overseeing the development of training content and training schedules.
- Develop, manage and maintain training curriculum, materials and programs, including e-learning modules, leaders guides, participant manuals, visual aids, evaluations and job aids
- Develop, manage and maintain training and knowledge strategies, polices and standards
- Manage training content, schedules, attendees, and test results using an LMS system
- Participate in strategic initiatives and project as training lead and coordinator, assessing and addressing the training needs of Operations resources.
- Conducts training needs analysis.
- Conducts Train-the-trainer sessions prior to the launch of new programs and acts as on-site support of new projects, programs and processes to ensure effective implementation and knowledge transfer.
- Meet and manage with Training Specialists assigned to Business Transformation projects and on-loan facilitators Pre and Post Class to ensure they are prepared and to gather feedback on curriculum
- Delivers training to employees at all levels on a variety of topic areas as required.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners to develop learning solutions that align business needs with training objectives
- Create and manage user knowledge system. SFDC Knowledge experience desired
- Coach and develop other team members
- Employee communications regarding business and system changes
- Communicate all curriculum updates and changes to the Learning Specialists that deliver relevant courses
- University undergraduate degree, or related college diploma
- Adult Education Certification, and a sound knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design (ADDIE)
- 5-10 years experience in Operations Training, preferably in a related business (Service, Telecom, Utility)
- Experience in SAP or Salesforce.com systems considered an asset
- Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment
- Proven planning, project and change management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to deliver training and support within Ontario.
- Able to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders at all levels