FDM Group is an international services provider with a focus on IT, with over 180 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. With centres in North America, Europe and APAC, FDM has firmly established itself as an award-winning employer worldwide.
Mission: To continue creating and inspiring exciting careers that shape our digital future.
Do you thrive in fast-paced technical environments and have a strong attention to detail? Are you eager to have a career where you are encouraged to meet your potential and have the opportunity to work for a prestigious company with an impressive global presence?
FDM is currently seeking a number of ambitious and driven candidates with the aptitude for IT to work as FDM Consultants with our top clients, many of which are leading companies in the banking and financial services industry.
FDM is a global IT and business services provider with a dedication to technical excellence and professional development and over 180 prestigious clients around the world. Our award-winning training program helps build the required skills needed to become a successful IT Specialist. As an FDM Consultant, you enter the industry at a high level, already trained to our clients’ specific systems and technologies.
Prior to working with our clients, successful candidates will receive intense technical and professional training (9-16 weeks) in FDM’s state-of-the-art Toronto centre in the heart of the financial district. You become an FDM employee from day one and are paid during the training period before placement onsite with our clients.
Software Developers work with a range of responsibilities, including: writing, developing, testing, and reviewing code; supporting existing applications; liaising with end users to fix defects, find solutions, and test them; adding functionality to applications by designing and implementing solutions; and more. FDM has trained and placed developers in specialties including Java, C#, COBOL, .Net, and more.
Fast-track career progression is a key focus of FDM, and our program will put you on a pathway that could grow into leadership roles working within multinational organizations.
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply immediately at:
There is no better way to launch your career than with FDM!
- 4 year degree (preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar)
- A strong aptitude in IT and the interest and drive to expand your IT skill set
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
- A desire to work at a large financial firm and ability to increase your financial knowledge
- Able to engage yourself in a project and enjoy the challenges and processes involved
- Flexible, eager, ambitious, and adaptable to change
- Geographically flexible for client placements throughout the Canada (most opportunities are in Toronto and Montreal)
- Able to commit to work for FDM for a minimum of two years working as an FDM Consultant following the training period
- Eligible to work in Canada (citizen/permanent resident/work permit with sufficient length of validity)
- Knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, Unix, Linux)
- Foundation in Excel
- Project Management Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Test Driven Development, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of software development life cycle
- Passion for technology
- Exposure to one of the following programming languages: Java, SQL, C, C#, C++, Python
- Has studied or completed Information Technology or related courses in post-secondary education
- Language Skills: French
Learn more about FDM’s career opportunities from our current Consultants and Alumni on the FDM YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/FDMGroupVideos
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.