In 2006, Flair Airlines Ltd. took to the air with the goal of becoming Canada’s premier charter airline. As a charter airline, Flair Air has had a variety of customers focusing on workforce transportation, niche tours, international ACMI contracts, and corporate charters. We have developed an excellent reputation for on-time and on-budget performance and our client list continues to grow. Although we fly primarily within Canada, Flair has operated charters into over 15 countries. From flying fire-fighters across Canada into Williams Lake, BC, to flying 65 people on a once in a lifetime trip around the world – we endeavor to provide a customizable service to suit our client’s needs.
We are currently seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Manager to join our team in Kelowna, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Operations or designate, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for planning, developing and executing the marketing, communications and advertising strategy, activities and materials for the company. The primary responsibility of the role is to drive the company’s brand and revenue. The role will include responsibility for the planning and execution of business and strategic plans, product launches, marketing campaigns, market research, communication initiatives and financial analysis to support and drive the company’s brand and revenue. This position provides leadership to the Marketing team.
- Provide day to day supervision and leadership for the Marketing team, including recruitment and selection, training and development, and performance management activities;
- Design and implement an integrated marketing strategy to deliver growth by identifying and targeting new customers as well as maximizing existing customer’s relationships across all customer segments;
- Responsible for public relations by increasing brand exposure through strategic planning, and media relations;
- Ensure compliance to the overall brand and commercial strategy, and ensure that all activities are performed to plan and budget;
- Develop and implement the marketing plan, including digital strategy, advertising strategy and manage all creative outputs;
- Lead and implement a range of marketing and advertising campaigns, publications, social media and website initiatives to position and promote the company;
- Create and oversee all marketing materials including press releases, advertisements, tradeshow materials, content plans, advertising calendars, and video content;
- Act as the brand officer; responsible for managing corporate brand identity, all marketing materials, messaging, voice and content;
- Accountable for creating, implementing, measuring and analyzing all communication and marketing activities to ensure alignment to company objectives;
- Ensure compliance to the overall brand and commercial strategy, and ensure that all activities; are performed to plan and budget, and are in line with company policies and guidelines;
- Direct and develop a social media plan that integrates marketing strategies and tactics, and leverages content across multiple platforms and audiences;
- Ensure website and social media channels, emails, etc. market and communicate price point and best practices;
- Oversee content on corporate social media sites including Instagram/Facebook/Twitter;
- Moderate all follower-generated content and proactively monitor all post interactions;
- Lead market research initiatives, analyze and incorporate results into marketing programs;
- Boost online sales by increasing customer base through various platforms;
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing social data/metrics and acting on the information;
- Develop new channels and strategies to grow customer base;
- Create relevant, engaging and high-quality audience-specific content using text, graphic elements, photos and videos;
- Apply content into layout for localized collateral materials including, but not limited to, product launch and tradeshow materials, advertisements, case studies, brochures, and presentations;
- Act as the company spokesperson for corporate communications as directed;
- Act as a lead point of contact for media interactions and actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to secure earned media;
- Ensure all media communications are reviewed, managed as distributed in accordance with company policy;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with outside agencies as required;
- Provide effective marketing advice and support to senior management;
- Keep abreast of current marketing best practices, systems and tools; and
- Such other duties as assigned by the company from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct experience managing and executing marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Previous supervisory experience is key.
- Working knowledge of web and mobile analytics applications (e.g. Google Analytics, HootSuite, Tweet Reach, etc.), as well as general SEO (search engine optimization) knowledge;
- Basic understanding of the UI/ UX principles;
- Familiarity with social media strategy, implementation and monitoring and trends in the social media industry.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and demonstrate team building skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- General proficiency in the MS Office Suite; particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Clear criminal record check and satisfactory employment references.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Previous marketing experience within the airline or travel industry considered an asset.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, and a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions).
How to Apply:
Click here to apply for the Marketing & Communications Manager positon
Interested applicants should apply online no later than August 20th, 2017. Additional information can be found by visiting www.flairair.ca. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet the requirements of the position.
We wish to thank everyone who applies but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.