Requisition ID: 3825
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager, Sales is responsible for leading a team of Home Financing Advisors (HFAs) towards achieving established sales targets and meeting the overall goals for the Home Financing Team. The incumbent works closely with HFAs, to ensure that sales management activities, disciplines and behaviours are instilled and sustained to meet business objectives of Home Financing Solutions. To a large extent, the focus is on sales and people management by providing value added feedback and coaching to HFAs for the purpose of assisting them in realizing their fullest potential to maximize mortgage sales and revenue. In addition to the incumbent provides support to the Regional Director (RD).
Reports to: Regional Director, Home Financing Solutions
Direct Reports:Home Financing Advisors
Home Financing Officer
Lead and manage a team of Home Financing Advisors by:
- Focussing on sales management activities and principles;
- Providing direction, guidance and support as required (ie. Facilitating realtor presentations, etc.);
- Fostering the ongoing relationship between the Bank and those who are in a position to refer Mortgage business;
- Conducting coaching sessions, quarterly sales meetings, skill building sessions, and touchbases (including team sales meetings);
- Observing interactions with customers and referral sources, and providing value added feedback to the HFA's;
- Working with the Regional Directors in preparing and obtaining agreement on individualized business plans for HFAs, to ensure all required sales activities and disciplines are in place, including recommending changes to levels and draws;
- Acting as a mentor to Home Financing Advisors and Home Financing Officers.
Lead the implementation of the initiatives and the achievement of the business objectives in the District by:
- Defining clearly, roles, tasks and expectations;
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies (such as providing content input to the Regional web site) to maximize business opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Demonstrate creativity by championing the new and innovative approaches, and support employees during change by providing leadership and encouragement;
- Motivating and focussing the efforts of HFAs, through related business development activities, referral management, and ongoing relationship building;
- Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between HFAs and partners from other Scotiabank Groups. (ie. Shared Services, Lending Support, Domestic Branches, etc.) to meet objectives/overcome obstacles, guiding team members to alternatives if required;
- Ensuring employees are fully aware of, and comply with, the Bank's Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business conduct; Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada requirements and Know Your Customer requirements;
- Escalating issues/obstacles/trends to Regional Director as appropriate with recommendations/solutions
Provide direction, guidance and support to the Regional Director and as required to our partners by:
- Recommending all new hires for Home Financing Advisors;
- Preparing probationary reviews, including final recommendations.
Establish and monitor goals for Direct Reports by:
- Defining appropriately high standards for self and others;
- Negotiating goals and priorities & monitoring results;
- Identifying, then initiating and directing tactical responses for ongoing improvement. (action plans).
Maintain a market profile within the District, with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts within the mortgage business, such as real estate agents, builders, lawyers, etc. and meet regularly with these sources;
- Work with the District Vice- Presidents, Community Managers and Branch Managers in developing and customer relationships;
- Seeking to develop Home Finance Advisor's skills/expertise in developing key relationships;
- Managing day-to-day administration.
AUTHORITY/ DIRECTION RECIEVED/ DECISION MAKING:
The Regional Director provides direction and support to the Senior Manager, Sales. The incumbent is expected to exercise a high degree of independent judgement with respect to the frequency and duration of sales management activities. The incumbent is expected to regularly advise the Regional Director on trends, issues and results.
The incumbent spends most of their time in realtor offices and branches rather than working in a standard office environment. He/she travels daily within the District, primarily by car. Extensive telephone and computer use (conference calls/distance coaching/touchbases/e-mail, etc) requires heightened sensory attention. One-on-one coaching of direct reports requires well-developed listening skills and concentration. Non-standard working hours are a regular occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.