Come Grow with Amica and take your Career from GOOD to GREAT!
Amica at Erin Mills
(Casual: On Call Basis)
Passionate about making a difference?
Looking for work that has a higher purpose?
Interested in a job that allows you to make a meaningful difference in society and provide seniors with the most memorable and fulfilling experiences in a lifetime?
Interested to join a team of passionate, dedicated people who strive to do it better than anyone else in the industry?
Then Amica Mature Lifestyles is for you!
At Amica, we create and deliver lifestyle experiences inspiring seniors to feel vibrant and live younger.
And we do it better than anyone else!
Amica provides an all-inclusive retirement lifestyle focused on health and well-being, in communities designed to offer a superior, service-rich environment.
We believe that the later stages of life can and should be among the most meaningful, memorable and fulfilling experiences in a lifetime. To that end, we are committed to deliver premium accommodations, engaging Wellness & Vitality™ programs, and healthy and flavourful menus.
As Amicans, we work together each day with a life affirming spirit from within that allows us all to be “young inside”.
A day in the life of a Housekeeper:
As the Housekeeper you are responsible for all general housekeeping and laundry duties, ensuring all assigned areas are kept at the highest cleaning standard and all tasks are completed in a professional and timely manner.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- 1 to 2 years’ housekeeping experience
- Certificate in housekeeping, building services or equivalent experience
- Previous hotel experience in a fine dining property is an asset
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. principles is an asset
- Certificate in CPR and Emergency First Aid desired
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental requirements of the position
- Demonstrated ability to carry out significant amounts of lifting, bending, stooping and stretching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, with good organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond with a sense of urgency when required
- Demonstrates consistent well-groomed and hygienic appearance
Position vacant until filled.