HEB Manitoba has been building a solid foundation in the Benefits Department over the past few years and we are looking for talented people who can support us as we continue to enhance what we do today and into the future. Our goal is to provide the best service possible to all members, stakeholders, and other third party providers.
To do this, we need an enthusiastic and innovative individual to become a member of our team. If this is you, then HEB Manitoba is the employer you are looking for!
Reporting to the Manager, Benefit Services, the Benefits Administrator will participate as a key member of a dedicated team committed to providing service excellence in the administration of our Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance, and Pension Plans.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and you want to make a difference, then consider this opportunity.
Here’s the exciting journey:
- Enhance your knowledge about HEB Manitoba by learning about our Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance and Pension Plan administrative policies and procedures.
- Become familiar with HEB Manitoba’s system for processing benefits and various other internal software systems. This will later assist you in identifying and recommending process efficiencies.
- Process enrolments, changes and notices of terminations.
- Administer leave of absence and pre-payment member requests, ensuring employer stakeholders remit complete and accurate premium remittances for all eligible group benefits.
- Your responsibilities will increase as you assume accountability for the Waiver of Premium and Pension Accrual internal processes.
- Build strong working relationships with our various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma (B. Commerce or Business Administration) with a minimum three years within a benefits administration environment, providing superior customer service in Healthcare, Dental, Life Insurance and Waiver of Premium processes
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) designation is preferred
- A professional approach with a strong commitment to service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet when handling confidential and sensitive information
- Proactive approach to work, detail oriented, and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven ability to organize priorities and manage a comprehensive workload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strengths in written, oral and interpersonal communications
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Why join our team?
The work you will do will be challenging and rewarding. You will make a difference in our day-to-day operations and your initiative will be appreciated. We offer a flexible work environment that includes a compressed work week for your work/life balance; comprehensive compensation and benefits including a defined benefit pension plan; professional development opportunities; and a comfortable, modern environment conveniently located in downtown Winnipeg with easy access to shopping and restaurants.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday August 16, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.