We have built a stronger foundation in our Pension and Benefits Department over the past few years and we are looking for talented people who can support us as we continue to enhance what we do, today and into the future.
In this challenging Data Administrator role you will be working with a specialized team in our Member Records department to safeguard the integrity of our data. You will be instrumental in developing processes and solutions that continue to provide superior service to Manitoba’s healthcare professionals.
If you are innovative, thrive in a dynamic environment and you
- enjoy reviewing and validating complex data,
- appreciate working with and contributing to the success of a strong team, and
- won’t settle for the status quo,
then HEB Manitoba has the new and exciting career opportunity you will want to explore.
Follow this path to personal growth and challenges in your new career:
In the first month with us, you will:
- Learn the basic concepts of our Pension Plan administrative policies and procedures.
- Work with your peers on the Data Administration team to develop your knowledge of internal software systems and specifications.
- Familiarize yourself with our employer stakeholders and their various payroll systems.
- Start understanding the complex links between HEB Manitoba, our participating employers, unions, and active members.
After the first month, your responsibilities will increase as you become a contributing member of the team. You will:
- Continue to develop a broad understanding of employer payroll systems and HEB Manitoba data requirements.
- Reconcile payments with invoices.
- Tackle the day-to-day challenges of ensuring the vast amounts of information we maintain is accurate and complete.
- Work independently in resolving issues resulting from data discrepancies.
- Help protect the integrity of data relevant to the administration of our Plans by verifying and resolving data inputs and outputs.
- Perform data tests and manual reviews according to established procedures.
- Build strong relationships with our various stakeholders to ensure priorities are aligned.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Math, Accounting, Finance or related area of study.
- Three years in a payroll, internal audit and/or pension and benefits related environment, would be an asset. A proactive nature, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to continuous improvement are critical.
- Must be able to demonstrate your experience creating innovative solutions for improving existing processes and procedures.
- Robust technical background which includes broad experience with Microsoft Excel and Word will be needed.
- Proven ability to organize priorities and manage a comprehensive workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take responsibility, with little oversight, for tasks and successfully see them through to completion.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Professional approach with a strong commitment to service excellence.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and the ability to be a part of a strong, cohesive team.
Why join our team?
The work you will do will be challenging and rewarding. You will make a difference in our day-to-day operations, your initiative will be appreciated and you will be given the tools to succeed.
We offer a flexible work environment that includes a compressed work week; comprehensive compensation and benefits including a defined benefit pension plan; professional development opportunities; and a comfortable, modern environment conveniently located in downtown Winnipeg with easy access to shopping and restaurants.
Please submit your resume and wow us with a short cover letter describing why you are motivated by this role and why you are a great fit. Please submit it before 4:00 p.m., Wednesday August 16, 2017 to email@example.com.