The Quinte region boasts of an unsurpassed quality of life with exemplary features and services readily available to residents. Local theatre, expansive shopping and restaurants, well developed recreation centres, picturesque waterfront with affordable homes set in a safe community. Growing economic development for job seekers outside of health services. High standard of education through local college, close proximity to a well recognized university, and private schooling. An easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal.
We embody our core values with commitment to: Compassion, dignity, respect and fairness for those we serve and each other; teamwork, collaboration and flexibility to meet the needs of our diverse communities; a positive attitude to the challenge of change; continuous improvement, development and empowerment of staff, volunteers and others to achieve their full potential; accountability to those we serve for our clinical, ethical and fiscal decisions.
We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Temporary Full Time -Echocardiography Technologist - Quinte Health Care- Multi-Site
Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC's vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace.
- Successful completion of a recognized course in echocardiography.
- A member in good standing and certified by the ARDMS / CARDUP or eligible for certification within the next 12 months related to recent graduation.
- One (1) year clinical experience in performing tests including Doppler and color flow echocardiograms OR acceptable proof of practical skills.
- Current CPR certificate, or willing to obtain within 3 months of effective date
- Pediatric echocardiography specialty (P.E.) an asset.
- Consistent application of QHCâ€™s values
- Perform adult and paediatric echocardiograms including Doppler and color flow.
- Complete required paper and electronic patient records based on departmental protocols.
- Ensure patient appointments are handled in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintain equipment and supply levels.
- Participate in QA activities related to department.
- Adhere to QHC infection control standards
- Liaise with physicians, hospital staff and others where applicable and appropriate regarding test results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to:
Quinte Health Care - Human Resources
265 Dundas St. East, Belleville, ON K8N 5A9
Please quote "TFT Echo Tech position" in your subject line along with your name
E-mail applications are preferred.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted