If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you with continuous development opportunities, you've found it! Since 1971, The Brick has been led by visionary men and women who have embraced each business opportunity with the drive for success. We want you to join our winning team and experience The Brick Way!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Learning and Development, The Learning and Development Coordinator position is responsible for completing learning activities as well as providing general support to the larger Human Resources team and Brick Corporate, Retail, Distribution and Fleet teams.
- Utilize and manage our LMS (Learning and Management System
- Work WIth all areas of the bisiness to create learning programs, learning modules and innovative content
- Designs, Develops and maintains training materials and tools
- Managing the administration of our third party e-learning system
- Gain a knowledge of the latest learning trends and adult learning methods to keep our programs exciting and engaging for our learners
- Create learning reports and track the progress and success of learning programs
- Assist in managing the video production schedules, video projects, script writing and overall details of all internal video projects
- Creating memos, announcements, company wide communications including emails
- Manage and maintain key learning programs including Manager In Training Programs, Leadership Development programs and job specific programs company wide
- Provide administrative support to the learning team
- Provide additional administrative support to the larger Human Resources team
- Participate on project teams where assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- Project management experience and asset
- Highly organized with proven ability in managing multiple tasks and working under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Competent in technical/instructional writing
- Customer service focused and has knowledge of the principles and processes required for exceptional service in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to maintain data integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- High level of initiative and drive
- Professional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word & Excel and inter net including social media
Why work for The Brick?
- Flexible "employer-paid" benefits including Health, Dental and Paramedical Service for you and your family
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Career progression program
- Access to free personal development through "The Brick University"
- Employee discounts and personal "paid" days off
- Recognition, incentives, prizes and giveaways!
- Free membership to our corporate location gym facilities
Number one in quality home furnishings across Canada.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.