Our client is one of Canada's largest retailers is looking for a permanent BA.
What's in it for you?
A competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development and the opportunity to work with one of Canada's most successful organizations.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Analysis, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Efficiently negotiating and mediating with vendors and stakeholders (retail and wholesale) to define roles, responsibilities and deliverable during the initial stages of the initiative. Obtaining participant input, and making consistent decisions targeted at managing stakeholder expectations and scope definition.
- Eliciting system and functional requirements, and developing designs using interviews, document analysis, requirements, as well as design workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Working collaboratively with all our business units, lead, participate and make decisions to establish and map a strategic vision for future initiatives.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and using high-level information to decide on the priority of requirements.
- Developing and applying business analysis tools to document current/future state, including but not limited to workflow modeling, case analysis and data modeling.
- Applying analytical theory and methods to design and develop all CRS program and project solutions.
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements. Delivering Business Requirements documents, Interface designs, Data flow diagrams and other business analysis related documents.
- Based on experience and critical thinking, making decisions required to improve the quality of business analysis related deliverables, driving results for these improvements through the formulation of new policies, methodologies and standards.
- Leading and planning user acceptance testing process.
- Effectively communicating with SLT and the Board in presenting proposed and ongoing projects.
- University Degree majoring in Computer Science or an equivalent business related area (i.e. Commerce, Marketing or Business Administration)
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of IT, retail, wholesale or oil & gas, refinery/drilling based experience
- Business Analysis certification is also required (CBAP)
- Familiarity with PMBOK would be an asset
- Previous agriculture experience (Viterra)
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.