Procom is one of North America’s leading staffing and contract workforce services providers. A privately held company, Procom has been deeply committed to continuous growth and improvement for both ourselves and our clients. Our business succeeds because we are reliable and our clients trust us, and we work hard to earn that trust by providing keen insight and a commitment to transparency. Through ongoing partnerships, we have become recognized as the market-leading source of high-performing services and solutions that transform how our clients acquire and manage the very best talent. With prestigious recognition, including being named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies for eight straight years in a row, we are extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished.
Client ID: 239083
Planner / Scheduler
On behalf of our client Procom is seeking an Planner / Scheduler. Reporting to the Team Lead, the Applications Release Planners are responsible for the planning and
coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or new system features into the production environment. This includes release planning,
scheduling, execution, risk management activities and change management processes. This role interfaces with internal resources to deliver identified releases and changes
per established plans. This role ensures execution is delivered in accordance to established client quality assurance and control activities.
This position is pivotal in resolving intra-change issues, dependencies and establishing clear lines of communication with Partner teams and IS stakeholders to
ensure releases and changes meets requirements. These roles will oversee non-project initiatives as defined by scope, time, cost and/or risk factors.
These roles will assist the SDS team in delivery of non-project changes.
Planner / Scheduler Deliverables
- Track and monitor release progress and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Identify necessary management structures for features releases and ensure all key stakeholders are informed and involved
- Manage assigned internal and external resources within the scope of the project, provide a collaborative and performance driven environment
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate release risks
- Ensure that release and change deliverables are executed in accordance with IS methodologies and meets business requirements, where applicable
- Effectively manage teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of releases across allocated area
- Estimate project costs and manage allocations across allocated area, including related scope control
- Complete regular reporting and change request processes, including scheduling, schedule tracking of planned vs actuals (time, resources and cost)
Planner / Scheduler Must Have Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a contributor to the success of a range of projects or releases
- Minimum of 2 years of experience applying project management processes, techniques and tools
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners; can consolidate requirements and translate them into IS Deliverables
- Experienced in managing multiple dependencies between changes; can recognize and manage risks and issues, can allocate tasks and monitor execution performance, and
can effectively present and consolidate change status reports.
Planner / Scheduler Nice to Have Skills
- College diploma or university degree in Business or Information Systems or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- ITIL Foundations
- 2+ years’ experience working within IT in an oil and gas domain
Planner / Scheduler Assignment Length
Planner / Scheduler Start Date