Looking for more?
At VHA Rehab Solutions, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Occupational Therapists.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for 90 years. With over 2000 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA’s client-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a Part Time or Casual :
Bilingual French Occupational Therapist for In Schools (North York)
- Assessment and implementation of Occupational Therapy interventions in a community setting (homes and in-school)
- Assess clients using interviews, standardized and informal assessment techniques in accordance with professional practice guidelines and standards established by VHA Rehab Solutions.
- Attend client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensure coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client's team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- Implement client interventions based on assessment information, client input and in conjunction with the client's integrated care plan.
- Ensure that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Prepare statistical records of client care and related activities as required by VHA, the Ministry of Health, and other agencies.
Occupational Therapist Qualifications:
- Fully Bilingual English and French
- Graduate of a recognized program for Occupational Therapy.
- Member of the Ontario College of Occupational Therapists.
- Must have working experience with children in schools
- Extensive experience within the professional discipline.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Utilizes an evidence-based to achieve client-centered outcomes.
- Familiar with the routine use of valid framework and reliable outcome measures to support clinical interventions.
- Flexibility to provide services outside of normal business hours based on client needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device.
Please apply online at www.VHA.ca
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application or contact us over the phone in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.