Requisition ID: 6838
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager, Social Media & Content Strategy works closely with the Senior Manager, Social Media & Content Strategy to oversee the execution of a multi-channel and multi-platform digital strategy that will enhance brand awareness and sales while managing reputational risk.
This position is also responsible for managing Scotia iTRADE’s online presence through our public website and social media channels. The ability to analyze performance trends on these channels and report to senior leadership with appropriate recommendations is critical.
This individual will work closely with the acquisition and engagement team, marketing, product and sales to integrate social media and new content initiatives as part of marketing and sales programs. The goal is to drive new lead generation and build long term engagement with customers and prospects in the digital space.
Execute Scotia iTRADE’s social media and content strategy:
• Support Sr. Manager, Social Media & Content Strategy in partnering with marketing, product and sales to create a roadmap for Social media and website content opportunities for client-facing acquisition and engagement programs.
• Identify opportunities to enhance Scotia iTRADE’s market image and boost consumer engagement through digital content channels
• Manage the end-to-end process of social media to optimize engagement and day-to-day activities.
• Manage the ongoing processes and content of Scotia iTRADE’s public website
• Support the deployment of content for engaging internal partners (such as wealth and branch advisors)
• Ensure that client facing content is being optimally deployed across multiple digital channels and social media platforms
• Manage a test and learn environment with a disciplined approach to apply learnings
• Become the advocate of the Scotia iTRADE brand in social media channels, engaging in dialogues where appropriate
• Support the Sr. Manager, Social & Content Strategy in optimizing ranking and visibility of Scotia iTRADE in key search engines through SEO
• Scope new social media channels and digital innovations to propel iTRADE forward in this channel.
Monitor and report on content effectiveness:
• Listening and monitoring, managing presence on social networking sites, participating in online conversation and building consumer advocates.
• Analyze the results of digital and social initiatives / campaigns leveraging analytics programs and provide recommendations
• Monitor and analyze benchmarks and KPIs for measuring the impact of digital media programs and report on their effectiveness
• Monitor and analyze website traffic to maximize opportunities and support lead generation, acquisition and engagement strategies through scotiaitrade.com
Conduct ongoing competitive monitoring and analysis of competitors and their offers:
• Regularly monitor and communicate competitive marketing offers and product launches/enhancements to senior management and key stakeholders.
• Regularly monitor and communicate industry and digital media news to senior management and key stakeholders.
• Provide regular feedback and insights gained from social media monitoring to the senior management of OLB to help evolve strategies in a timely fashion.
Team leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance by:
• Reviewing and evaluating work completed by team and coaching to improve efficiency/accuracy of work.
• Regularly scheduling and engaging in one-on-one coaching with direct reports.
• Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement.
• Driving the internal communications process by ensuring all employees are aware of key projects, corporate goals and ongoing critical changes affecting clients.
• Exhibiting an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals.
• Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team.
• Sharing knowledge, experience and responsibility with employees in a drive for the highest standards of professionalism, sales and service excellence.
• Identifying and supporting training and developmental needs of team members.
• Managing staffing requirements and departmental workloads.
Contribute to the effective functioning of SiT by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions.
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
• Develop and execute a meaningful employee development plan.
• In-depth knowledge of social media channels and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc)
• Strong knowledge of SEO, forums and digital media trends
• Knowledge of brand monitoring analytics tools (Radian6, Adobe Omniture, Google Alerts, Google Trends, Hootsuite)
• Critical thinker and challenges status quo
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor of Commerce or degree in marketing, communications preferred
• 3+ years in communications and online marketing roles with specific experience in social media and / or digital marketing preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.