Junior Superintendent - Buildings
You enjoy being the leader of a team of construction professionals focused on delivering a quality project every time.
You have leadership goals and looking for the right organization to grow with.
You have built your career as a Superintendent with a stellar safety record and maintained solid relationships with your Project Managers, clients and other key project stakeholders.
Then this is the next step in your career.
With close to 50 years of experience, Maple is a full-service Design/Build and Construction Management firm specializing in industrial/commercial/institutional facilities, municipal infrastructure and environmental projects. We strive for technical distinction, professionalism, quality workmanship and ultimately, for integrity in building excellence. Maple Reinders has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 5th year in a row and we are very proud of this accomplishment.
As a Superintendent with our busy Buildings Division, you will have the responsibility of overseeing our site staff, field engineering and field teams accountable for the delivery of completed ICI building projects. Maple Reinders is a growing organization and we are continually winning new work. With that come new experiences and new challenges.
At Maple, we look for leaders who can:
- Direct field operations in the delivery of projects by adhering to schedules, budgets, safety and risk.
- Effectively manage field employees by providing guidance and leadership on construction activities and developing effective communication between field and other project staff.
- Develop and execute project work plans aimed at keeping projects on track and on budget.
Our Superintendent will oversee projects that vary in size and scope and the successful candidate should have previous experience in leading construction teams, trades and hourly employees. We would require the Superintendent to travel or stay close to the site; flexibility is a must. We are also focused on candidates who currently have:
- 2 or more years of experience assisting or supervising construction projects with a General Contractor
- Post-secondary education, CET or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office and Windows based computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project)
- Can manage site operations on complex projects in excess of $40 million
The Superintendent is a key member of Maple Reinders’ project team and is critical to the success of each project under their direction. We want you to succeed and we are prepared to get you there by investing in you. We offer extensive training through our “Centre of Learning” to facilitate your career growth through programs such as LEED, Gold Seal and “lunch and learns”.
If you are a solid construction leader, we want to hear from you. Please provide your project list including the dollar value along with your resume and cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Maple Reinders. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Reinders is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Maple Reinders accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
No agency calls please.
People, Passion, Performance