Do you dream about posting to Instagram? Addicted to Pinterest and Twitter? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We're looking for a Social Media Manager to manage Workopolis’ B2C and B2B social media accounts.
The Social Media Manager is a key member of the Workopolis Content Marketing team, reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and working alongside team members to create and distribute content across a range of platforms.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Manage and optimize Workopolis’ social media profile, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, and additional channels that may be relevant.
- Create shareable social content appropriate for each network to increase brand exposure. This includes writing channel-specific copy for posts and creating engaging imagery where required.
- Collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief and B2B Content Editor to create content calendars and specific content ideas/posts.
- Maintain and increase engagement with fans and followers, responding to questions and comments in a manner consistent with the Workopolis voice.
- Addressing and presenting to larger audiences during industry events.
- Curate relevant, timely content from credible industry sources and experts.
- Explore opportunities to build audience through digital influencers.
- Explore opportunities for content sharing partnerships.
- Track, measure, and analyze key metrics and KPIs related to social media goals (community engagement, highest-performing posts, lowest-performing posts, audience growth, etc.).
- Be willing to work with media when interview requests arise.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- 3 years’ experience working as a Social Media Manager.
- University/College degree in Marketing, Communications, Social Media studies, or other relevant discipline.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Engaging writer with the ability to identify new, interesting angles to capture audience interest and engagement.
- Content creation experience, including experience with Photoshop, Canva or similar platforms.
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and keep several balls in the air without breaking a sweat.
- A genuine interest in current social media and content marketing trends, brands, and the world of marketing.
- Should be comfortable speaking in front of groups of people, and presenting at industry events.
- Bonus experience and skills include HR/talent industry experience, inbound marketing, and blogging.
- Experience managing or building an audience of over 100K considered an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset.
- Video and audio production experience would be an asset.
Workopolis will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.