At Champlain Rehab Solutions, we strive to provide spectacular care for seniors and adults living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently in their home, in comfort and with dignity.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career experience, flexible hours, growth opportunities, competitive compensation and meaningful relationships with clients and staff, then you belong at Champlain Rehab Solutions!
We are currently seeking a Part Time Bilingual (conversational French) Occupational Therapist in Ottawa
- Assessment and implementation of Occupational Therapy interventions in a community settings
- Assess clients using interviews, standardized and informal assessment techniques in accordance with professional practice guidelines and standards established by Champlain Rehab Solutions.
- Attend client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensure coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client's team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- Implement client interventions based on assessment information, client input and in conjunction with the client's integrated care plan.
- Ensure that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Prepare statistical records of client care and related activities as required by Champlain Rehab Solutions, the Ministry of Health, and other agencies.
Occupational Therapist Qualifications:
- Graduate of a recognized program for Occupational Therapy.
- Member of the Ontario College of Occupational Therapists.
- Membership in Professional Association preferred
- Fluent in English and French
- Extensive experience within the professional discipline.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Utilizes an evidence-based to achieve client-centered outcomes.
- Familiar with the routine use of valid framework and reliable outcome measures to support clinical interventions.
- Flexibility to provide services outside of normal business hours based on client needs.
- Demonstrate commitment to client and family centered care.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device.
- ADP authorization status a strong asset