OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. We are committed to providing a positive work environment and to developing careers. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a:
Customer Service Representative – Call Centre
We have numerous Permanent and 12 month contract roles available. This position will require successful candidates to work 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8 am- 8 pm, Monday to Friday and 9 am-5 pm on Saturdays.
- Do you have a gift for knowing what other people need?
- Do you find it easy to make decisions?
- Do you have a talent for shifting people’s viewpoints?
If the above sounds like you, then consider OTIP for your next career move!
As a member of our growing Benefits Services team, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely and accurate information in response to incoming telephone inquiries using an automated telephone system.
- Investigating and resolving member complaints regarding coverage, claims and service, and documenting outcomes for future reference.
- Working with the carrier to process claim adjustment requests and cheque stop-payments, and reissuing requests related to claims adjudication issues, while ensuring decisions are made on a timely basis.
- Responding to member email inquiries from the department’s email queue.
- Ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through effective support and excellent customer service, by providing quick and accurate service in a professional manor.
- Drafting letters and preparing and processing responses to routine correspondence.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
- A post-secondary school diploma.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a call centre environment.
- Knowledge of group health, dental and travel insurance, as well as contracts and benefits will be considered an asset.
- The demonstrated ability to provide outstanding service in an accurate and efficient manner.
OTIP is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. As one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2017, awarded by Toronto-based publisher Mediacorp Canada, we take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted