Intro StatementIt can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it's an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
Lot Associates are responsible for providing excellent customer service. They are the first and last point of contact with customers. Their primary responsibilities are to load orders into Customer vehicles and maintain shopping carts outside the store. Lot associates spend the majority of their time outdoors working in all types of weather conditions.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Approaching customers to determine if they need help loading product into vehicles
- Ensuring the parking lot and entrances are maintained and welcoming to customers, including maintaining shopping carts outside the store
- Acting as a spotter for equipment operators and ensuring that large orders are transported safely through the store and to customer's vehicles
- Providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring that all safety precautions are taken when loading a vehicle
- Ensuring that the exits/loading areas are not blocked or cluttered
- Support work colleagues when needed
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Detailed-oriented; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated to drive completion of tasks as quickly and accurately as possible
- Comfortable working in all types of weather conditions