Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,500 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA Home HealthCare’s client and family-centered, community-based approach provides rehabilitation support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a:
Full-time 1 Year Contract position—Supervisor, Rehab Best Practice (Toronto Central location)
Directly supervises Rehab Service Providers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with VHA Home HealthCare’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training service providers, evaluating performance, counselling service providers when necessary regarding performance concerns, as well as addressing complaints and resolving problems.The Supervisor, Rehab Best Practice will support a culture of outstanding care and ensure an excellent client experience.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Reporting to the Regional Manager, you are responsible for the supervision and delivery of occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech language pathology, dietary and/or social work services in a regional area or across regional areas.
- You are accountable for the quality of services delivered as well as the human resource management of the team you support.
- Other responsibilities will include quality reviews and performance management of service providers, termination and resignation processing, significant events submissions to the LHINs, incident reporting, participation in management meetings, recruitment, orientation for new Independent Contracted Service Providers, and other duties as assigned.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
- You are a graduate of a recognized university program in any of the five rehab disciplines (occupational therapy, physiotherapy, social worker, dietetics, speech language pathology) ideally with a minimum of five years progressive leadership responsibility, preferably in home and community rehabilitation.
- Your comprehensive knowledge of service delivery, funding and health care issues in the home and community health care sector are critically important in this role.
- You’re an experienced leader, coach and mentor with a track record of developing strong teams focused on quality customer service.
- Your skill set includes superior ability to meet goals and targets, effective conflict resolution, strong planning and project management and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- You have proficient time and organizational management skills such as problem-solving, planning, analysis, and evaluation.
- You demonstrate a commitment to professional development and your computer skills are well developed.
- You endorse safe workplace practices and have comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and RHPA.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada.
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.