Title: CNC PROGRAMMER
Reports to: MFG/NPD MANAGER
Company: 3 POINTS AVIATION – CHARLOTTETOWN FACILITY
3 Points Aviation is an industry leader in Aircraft component sales, manufacturing and repair and overhaul. Headquartered in the West Royalty Business Park in Charlottetown, we have worked tirelessly to earn a reputation that consistently exceeds our client’s expectations. Our company, through focused customer service, has become a leader in the supply and distribution of new and re-conditioned aircraft parts.
The primary job of the CNC Programmer would be to complete CNC part program creation for a variety of aerospace components using multi-axis milling and turning application software. Develop part manufacturing process steps, tool selection, including all work holding fixtures and tool design requirements in accordance with engineering drawings and detailed process instructions. To assist operator with shop floor set up and 1st off part machining as required, verifying dimension of machined parts using precision measuring instruments, maintain and complete inspection reports.
- Develop and create all required manufacturing documents; shop drawings, in process inspection data sheets tool list and machine reports.
- Evaluate past and present manufacturing methods and processes; recommend changes or modification for improved quality and efficiency.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and process sheets per ANSI 5.
- Participate in 1st article process refinement including optimization adjustments of computer numerically controlled (CNC) parameters.
- Identify opportunities and solutions to leadership regarding process improvement opportunities or potential risks.
- Facilitate development of work procedures for repair and new fabrication of products, using a variety of machine tools and fixturing techniques.
- Manufacture components to exacting quality and productivity expectations.
- Reading text, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking.
- Verify dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments, document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- Be able to design and machine fixtures and tooling for a wide variety of applications
- Familiar with Windows and other application software.
- Work with and comprehend shop documentation particularly related to aerospace such as routing sheets, engineering instructions, non-conformance reports and various other documents.
- A general knowledge of CNC machining and the ability to operate machining and turning centers would be an asset.
- minimum of 5 years’ experience, in a job shop environment would be ideal
- applicant having worked on CAD/CAM and CNC machine operations.
- SolidWorks, Hyper mill and Esprit software and macro programming experience an asset
- Hands-on application experience with part process planning, fixture design, multi-axis CNC program creation, as well as, fixture, part and tool set-up using CNC mills or lathes.
- University or Technical College diploma or equivalent experience in the field of CNC Machining, Programming, Manufacturing process and fixture design.
3 Points Aviation uses the following machines and software in our facility:
Mikron, 5 axes, HMS 600, CNC Milling Center Hyper-Mill (5 Axes Milling)
Mikron, 5 axes, HPM 450, CNC Milling Center Esprit (9 Axes Turning)
Nakamura-Tome, NTMX, 9 axes, Turning Center Sigmanest (Water Jet Cutting)
Nakamura-Tome, SC-300M, 3 axes, Turning Center Jet-Edge, Two Head, 100psi, Water Jet
SolidWorks (Fixture / Drawing, Design)
Salary based on experience: competitive compensation for the right applicant
Please email your resume to: email@example.com