CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
SERVICE CENTRE MANAGER - Afternoon Shift
Responsible for maintaining ZeroHarm principles, while providing product and service that meets or exceeds the internal and external customers’ expectations using the most cost effective methods available.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Direct manpower, materials & work activity to achieve plant output to planned levels
• Manage performance on productivity, quality and safety.
• Direct, coach, train and develop team members to meet corporate strategic goals and safety initiatives.
• Conduct employment interviews and ensure compliance with new hire practices.
• Manage shift payroll and submission.
• Direct plant operations within CHEP SHE safety guidelines for all internal, external customers and contractors.
• Local Safety Champion and Co-Chair of the JHSC
• Collect, validate & record key plant output information.
• Provide leadership for continuous improvement initiatives.
• Manage GRTW programs and Claims Management.
• 2-5 years of front line supervisory experience in production, manufacturing, logistics or customer service.
• Experience with formal safety programs, required
• CHEP experience an asset.
• Maintenance programs and knowledge of regulatory environment an asset
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or other continuous improvement programs are assets.
• Production planning experience, relationship building, analytical problems solving skills, strong ability to multi-task and work within a team environment.
• Experience with recruitment, hiring, discipline and termination processes.
• Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office required SAP, Kronos, CMMS are assets
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE