Under the direction of the Front of House Manager and Programmers, Audience Services, Contribute to the operation of events by assisting staff and patrons, while ensuring safety and enjoyment for all. Ensure positive theatre experiences are sustained through exemplary customer service. Support the development of relationships with staff and clients. This position assumes the leading role during events, liaising with Front of House Manager, concessions, volunteers, maintenance, Technical, Box Office, Marketing, Production, various City departments, community affiliates and clients. The House Captain promotes all events at all venues and ensures the basic cleanliness of the theatre and surrounding areas.
- Contribute to the successful and safe operation of theatre events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to patrons and clients. Answer questions, provide information and ensure expectations for their experiences are met to the best of your ability. Promote current and upcoming events.
- Assist team and clients during and in preparation for events.
- Supervise, train and assist ushers, volunteers, and part-time staff.
- Ensure that all frontline equipment is in working order and readily available for the team.
- Monitor, maintain and restock Front of House inventory.
- Ensure the safety of patrons at all times. Coordinate emergency evacuation procedures as required, acting as Fire Warden for their level/location in the event of emergency evacuation.
- Responsible for addressing, following up with, and reporting any issues with staff, patrons or volunteers in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare and submit reports regarding events and revenues.
- Ensure that the basic cleanliness of the theatre audience areas is being maintained.
- Maintain all required certifications and provide documentation when required.
- Report all accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up, in a timely manner, ensuring all necessary reports and documentation have been completed.
- Understand, apply and adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in a customer service environment.
- Understanding of theatre etiquette and culture as demonstrated through scenario testing.
- Smart Serve Certified.
- Knowledge of Brampton’s community groups, volunteer network and usher groups.
- Able to work efficiently independently and/or as an invaluable part of a team in a supervisory role.
- Able to speak publicly and lead a team, motivated and willing to take initiative and make decisions.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check, at their own expense, prior to commencing employment.
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from one of the following: Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St. Johns, Canadian Ski Patrol.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by March 02, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by March 02, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.