BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an immediate opening for an Engineering Technician . This is a permanent, full-time position.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in design review activities, equipment selection and specification process.
- Participating in Process Hazard Analysis activities for chemical process safety systems
- Overseeing and actively participating in the installation of equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations or engineering design.
- Troubleshooting process equipment and systems.
- Managing and co-coordinating project work with outside parties, contractors, etc.
- Preparing commissioning packages and executing commissioning test functions.
- Executing qualification protocols to test equipment.
- Writing maintenance and operation procedures and training staff in the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Engineering Technologist program. Industrial experience in a GMP environment would be an asset.
- Experience in facility construction and maintenance including: planning, scheduling, estimating, coordination and inspection.
- Ability to read, interpret, revise and create (AutoCAD) piping, instrumentation, facility, and equipment drawings.
- Ability to write test protocols and maintenance and operating procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced problem solving, coordination and computer skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. . Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button below.
Closing Date: October 04, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.