Looking for more?
At VHA Rehab Solutions, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Occupational Therapists.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for 90 years. With over 2500 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA’s client-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
A Physiotherapist at VHA is responsible for providing consultation, assessment and planned interventions for diverse client groups across Southern Ontario and the Capital region, referred through VHA Rehab Solutions and Champlain Rehab Solutions. The physiotherapist will work within a continuous quality improvement framework that reflects VHA’s vision and mission of services. To promote and maintain good public relations with clients, customers and VHA staff, volunteers and associates.
We are currently seeking a Physiotherapist In Schools
for Brampton/Caledon and Mississauga
To provide physiotherapy consultation, assessment and planned interventions for clients in the specified regions through VHA Rehab Solutions.
Assessment and implementation of physiotherapy interventions.
Assess clients using interviews, standardized and informal assessment techniques in accordance with professional practice guidelines and standards established by VHA Rehab Solutions.
Attend client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions
Progress reports and discharges as required.
Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, and progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
Implement client interventions based on assessment information, client input and in conjunction with the client's integrated care plan.
Ensure that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adheres to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the Ontario College of Physiotherapists.
Key skills, experience and behaviors required for this position:
- Baccalaureate or Masters degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized school of physiotherapy.
- Registered, in good standing, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience working with children.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
- Clinical expertise to provide a variety of physiotherapy interventions.
- Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, good organization and planning skills
- Excellent consultation and teaching skills, and utilizes an evidence base to clinical practice.
- Familiar with the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measures to support clinical interventions.
- Flexibility to provide services outside of normal business hours based on client needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centered care.
- Experience working with vulnerable clients and family centered care.
- Experience working with vulnerable clients who are dealing with age-related health conditions is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety concerns, communicate effectively using a computer and/or mobile device
- Demonstrated ability to recognize safety issues and follow safe work practices
- Possess a compassionate and flexible nature, and a client-centered approach to care-giving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires good judgment, problem solving and assessment abilities
- A keen desire to learn
Why Work at VHA?
- We provide services you can be proud to be a part of. Most of our nursing and support services are provided free of charge through local Community Care Access Centers (CCACs). Services for other clients are funded by the United Way Toronto and grants.
- We use innovative, practical technology to ensure connectivity with staff in the field. VHA has earned a reputation for providing high-quality services and a stimulating work environment.
- Our unique culture fosters relationships based on mutual respect and valuing one another’s contributions.
- We promise constant contact with your client service team and easy access to supervisor support to help you effectively handle any situation you face.
- We are a growing organization that is preparing for expansion into communities across Ontario.
- We offer full-time, part-time and casual positions. Whenever possible, VHA strives to accommodate the work-life balance needs of our staff while delivering the highest quality services to our clients. In some positions, we may be able to guarantee hours or visits.
- VHA wants to be your career employer, and that’s why we invest in continuous learning. We provide financial support for professional development and fit your courses into your schedule. Upon completion of coursework, we try to give you chances to use your new skills.
- We offer fair and competitive compensation. As your skills and education increase, so does your salary. We also have a generous benefits package and Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and working-environment fit, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. You can also get a copy of your personality assessment when you’re done by logging back into the tool after you complete your application.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the button in the application.
Thanks to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received, and really look forward hearing from you. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.