Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 2,600 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA’s client and family-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a:
Integrated Health Services Scheduling Coordinator—Child and Family Team (Nursing and Personal Support) - Permanent Full-time
Primary hours will be between 6:30am – 4:30pm with rotating weekends
This role will support our Child and Family clients and families as well as our Child and Family Team of Nurses and Personal Support Workers in Toronto Central. By providing integrated care focusing on what matters most to medically complex children and families, we can improve coordinated service delivery to this strategic population group. All team members, with the Coordinator as the point of contact, will promote empathetic and professional relationships with our child and Family clients and families.
The CSC Child and Family Integrated Coordinator (Nursing and Personal Support) communicates with parents, team members, school staff and the LHIN team as needed. Key functions of this role include, but are not limited to: referral acceptance for home/school shift and visiting offers; working with parents to negotiate schedules that promote continuity; providing parents with timely updates regarding absences, matching clients and team members with appropriate clinical and interpersonal skills; maintaining service plans including service changes and updates; and responsive communication with parents, Care Coordinators, Personal Support Workers, Nurses, Care Team Supervisors, Child and Family Nursing Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisors and Manager as well as Client Services Regional Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and authentic communicator with an interest in working with Child and Family clients and an inter-professional team. Previous knowledge or experience in working with children with complex medical needs or disabilities would be helpful. They will be sensitive and understanding when interacting with parents under stress and able to respond professionally. Using humour, creativity and flexible problem-solving, they know how to successfully collaborate with parents and team members. A history of positive interactions (compliments and no complaints) with clients, families, staff and the LHIN are required.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours required for this position:
- Post-Secondary School Education: a certificate/diploma in healthcare education is preferred
- Minimum of three years related work experience in a healthcare organization/agency (preferably in the community) or in an Administrative position that required extensive scheduling: experience scheduling health care providers in the community sector would be an asset
- Previous experience supporting Child and Family clients and families
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent telephone skills—the ability to interact empathetically and professionally with callers and an ability to negotiate.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the GTA and TTC routes or relevant contracted areas
- Strong computer and data entry skills, speed and accuracy in computer inputting (50 wpm)
- Satisfactory completion of technical skills testing requirement for the position (MS outlook, excel and word)
- Knowledge of scheduling software system along with LHIN/Home Healthcare system an asset
- Ability to work independently and to deal with multiple priorities
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to identify priority needs for services
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with others
- Must be able to support client needs that is consistent with our client and family-centered approach
- Ability to work rotating shift schedules that include weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to converse in additional languages is an asset
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application and resume to www.vha.ca by
October 11, 2017.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance. Accredited with Exemplary Status by Accreditation Canada. An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and; A founding member agency of United Way Toronto