FULL TIME POSITION
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single Rexall employee contributes to our mission -- whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps people in your community and beyond. And by choosing to belong at Rexall, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance the profession of pharmacy.
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in Pharmacy Healthcare, the Registered Pharmacy Technician (R.Ph.T.) reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for the technical functions of filling prescriptions and assisting with the related administration under the direct supervision of the pharmacist providing exceptional customer service.
Supporting the pharmacists with the execution of Rexall patient-focused services such as MedsChecks™, pharmaceutical opinions, immunizations, smoking cessation, etc.
- Abide by approved prescriptions, duties and responsibilities per relevant College of Pharmacists
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions through Nexxsys, ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) dosage and dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, copayment management, coordination of benefits
- Prescription preparation including regular prescriptions, compliance packaging, and simple compounding
- Monitoring of site refrigeration temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, in addition to developing and maintaining professional relationships with local health care professionals, suppliers, allied health businesses, and private insurance payers
- Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on-duty
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- OCP Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Computer proficiency (Nexxsys, Access Point)
- Seamlessly integrates into a highly interdependent team environment
- Experience in the industry, including third party billing issues
- Self-starting and independent, as well as strong motivation to succeed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Discretion in handling confidential matters
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with dispensing methadone is an asset
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced environment is an asset
Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.