Accounts Receivable Analyst (Bilingual)
Concord, ON, CANADA
UNFI Canada Inc., is one of the largest publically-traded wholesale distributors of natural, organic and specialty food products in Canada and the USA. We ship grocery, refrigerated and frozen food from our warehouses to the major and independent grocery chains and stores across Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a Bilingual Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our team. The incumbent will report to the Manager of Credit & Accounts Receivable and will be responsible for managing and coordinating the accounts receivable activities of assigned portfolio of delinquent accounts. They will also be responsible for maintaining good customer relations with borrowers and effectively solves problems in an effort to resolve account delinquency and mitigate losses.
Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Prepare the daily deposit and tracks all incoming customers' payments and postdated payments. Accurately process credit card payments for COD customers and reconcile the deposits.
- Post payments to customer accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries, updates credit card information, addresses and compiles and mails all customer statements.
- Maintain detailed notes to ensure account information is current and execute follow up to confirm payment arrangements are respected.
- Coordinate all accounts receivable activity to assigned portfolio. Investigate discrepancies on accounts and detail proposed actions, promises, proposals with follow-up dates duly noted and followed to manage credit exposure. Review, analyze, and determine course of action to resolve delinquent status.
- Make routine telephone calls, send emails and negotiates satisfactory payment commitment to mitigate risk.
- Establish efficient & effective lines of communication between retail customers & cross-functional teams including sales, customer service while, provide support in the form of recommendations & actions.
- Review, analyze and make credit recommendations for New Accounts credit limits and terms using credit reports, financial statements or other tools. Manage customer electronic files.
- Required to support other queues to facilitate teamwork in the department
- College or University diploma in business/ accounting/ economics
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in a credit and collections role in a business to business environment. Food and/or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry are an asset.
- Must have high volume Collection Calls experience business to business.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Windows environment.
- Bilingual (French & English) is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude, professional.
- Demeanor and phone etiquette.
- Politely assertive, thrives on negotiation and customer interaction.
- Excellent organization skills - with ability to handle a large volume of accounts in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Detailed oriented and able to analyze and troubleshoot account issues.
- This role offers a competitive compensation package including salary, Group Extended Health and Dental and Group RRSP.
If you are a customer service team player who thrives on interactions with clients and analyzing a large volume of accounts in a fast paced deadline oriented environment to resolve account delinquencies, look no further, this opportunity is the right one for you.