Located at the QEW and Burloak (Burlington/Oakville border), this dynamic, successful and fast-growing software development company was established in 2001. Over the years we’ve developed a reputation for quality, service excellence and delivering on time. That, in turn, has resulted in a lot of project work and business opportunities – so we’ve grown by an average of about 30% per year the past few years!
Our quarterly staff surveys show a group that enjoys the people they work with, feels appreciated by management, and finds the work interesting. Good work/life balance, and people-oriented work environment.
We need a project manager who has expertise in our client business, individual life insurance, to take the lead on a number of projects of short to medium duration, with 2-7 staff on each. You would maintain strong relationships with clients, developers and business analysts to keep things on track and bring them to a successful conclusion, as new projects take their place.
- we have a sense of humour about ourselves, and a seriousness about the craftsmanship it takes to produce good software and happy clients
- we are mostly software engineers here, so it is a casual, smart, engaging environment
- it’s a fast-paced environment, challenging, “roll up your sleeves”
- as long as people are delivering on their commitments, there is lots of independence, no micro-managing
In this role, you would:
- develop strong relationships with clients and staff to create collaborative environments for success
- plan and manage a number of projects concurrently through to successful completion
- manage project risks, including development of contingency plans
- maintain regular contact with, and provide updates to, clients as well as project teams and Bluesun management
- track and monitor project KPIs
- contribute to ongoing tuning of PMO processes
- Are an experience project manager in a software application environment, with a prior background as a software developer or business analyst
- Financial services experience (particularly life insurance or investments) is a strong asset
- Have managed projects with external clients
- Have managed multiple projects simultaneously
- Have excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Have a track record of delivering on your commitments
- Are analytical, organized, detail-oriented and a good problem solver
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are professional in manner and appearance
- Deal well with frequent changes and juggling tasks
- Belong in a smart, committed, fun-loving team
- French/English bilingual is an asset
We offer competitive compensation and a chance to make a tangible difference in what we build together for the future.