FDM Group is an international services provider with a focus on IT, with over 180 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. With centres in North America, Europe and APAC, FDM has firmly established itself as an award-winning employer worldwide.
Mission: To continue creating and inspiring exciting careers that shape our digital future.
FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT, working with over 130 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. With centres across Europe, North America and Asia, FDM has shown exponential growth throughout the years and has firmly established itself as an award-winning employer for both graduates and veterans.
Based at the front desk you will be the first point of contact for all face to face and telephone enquiries, as well as providing office services support. You will be responsible for providing administration support, whilst maintaining an effective and efficient reception desk service. A part of this role involves researching, booking and organizing travel arrangements for CA staff and trainees that are relocating for placement. This involves securing the best deals to suit our needs and budgets. This will require you to be highly organized and supportive with great attention to detail. Keeping track of all booking arrangements, communicating with staff and continuously improving processes is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome people visiting the office, answer the telephone, screen/direct calls, take/relay messages to the right people and greet visitors positively and professionally
- Assist the recruitment team with welcoming candidates for assessment days and ordering lunch
- Receive, sort and distribute mail deliveries/collections
- Coordinate stationery orders and distribute accordingly, whilst keeping track of all orders/costs
- Ensure all floors are kept tidy and that coffee is laid out in the kitchen areas for staff every morning, topping up essentials where necessary
- Research, book and organize travel arrangements for Canadian staff travel and trainee relocations in line with processes and budgets. Distribute itineraries and keep a record of all bookings
- Responsible for setting up corporate partnerships with hotels, airlines and any other suppliers that we could benefit from discounts/corporate rates with
- Keep a log of all travel arrangements and be proactive in seeking information in advance for when extensions may be needed
- Build strong relationships with hotels, visiting them (where possible) to ensure they are suitable
- Assist in supporting management with various operational and facility activities/tasks
- Support the marketing team when corporate events being held, including signing people in and being there to assist when necessary
- Administration duties including responsibility for chasing receipts/approvals to send to the Accounts Department in relation to credit card spends
- Develop and maintain manual documenting of all travel processes and procedures. Continuous review of practices to improve and perfect these processes
- Any other tasks as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Good team-working skills and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and multitask effectively
- Ability to negotiate and secure cost effective deals
- Methodical, analytical and process driven mentality
- Professional personal presentation at all times
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Time management and punctuality
- Enthusiastic attitude and positive work ethic
Desirable Criteria (not essential):
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Fluent written and spoken French
- An interest in HR or Recruitment